01|The Night Prior

Hi important note!
I wrote this years ago and my writing back
then was terrible. I'm currently rewriting this book,
at least act 1. So if my writing style and punctuation is
better at first and then gets worse, that's why. I might
go back and rewrite the whole book one day, but I don't
think I will. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

* .·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·. *

"Time is jealous of you,and wars against yourlilies and your roses

and wars against your
lilies and your roses."
~Oscar Wilde
* .·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·. *

"And then I embed my hammer into it's skull," Thor belted. He waved his arms around, mead spilling from his pint. The crowd cheered as their prince told the story. "That is how I won the war of Muspelheim!"

Freya watched from her position by the balcony. A soft smile on her lips as she watched her elder brother recall his victories.

"My Lady, this is a party. People usually enjoy themselves at parties."

Freya turned her head to see an amused Fandral leaning against a stone pilar as he watched her. "I am, Fandral," Freya replied. Her green eyes returning to watch Thor. "He's being quite arrogant. He would not have won half those battles if we had not been there." Fandral took a seat on the balcony beside Freya as he spoke.

Freya chuckled. "Well he will be crowned Allfather tomorrow, I believe he earned the right to boast for tonight."

"I beg to differ!"

Fandral and Freya turned to see Skadi stalking towards them. "Just because he is becoming king tomorrow, does not mean I will allow his ego to grow. It hardly fits on Asgard as it is." Skadi handed Fandral and Freya each a glass of wine, which they gladly accepted.

"Everything will change tomorrow," Loki said as he and Freya walked through a long dark corridor of the castle. "I hardly believe a crown will change everything," Freya murmured as she stopped walking.

Loki turned and watched as Freya pulled off her shoes. "You're lying."

The white haired woman looked up from her shoes to her younger brother. "Brother, I assure you, you needn't worry." She gripped his hand and gave it a comforting squeeze. Loki sighted and shrugged.

The two siblings continued walking in silence until they reached their bedrooms. Both siblings opened their bedroom doors, when Freya stopped and turned around. She strode forward and wrapped her arms tightly around Loki's waist.

"It will all be alright."

Loki instantly hugged her back and buried his face in her hair. "I love you, Loki," Freya whispered into his shoulder. Loki's lips tugged up and he tightened the hug just a bit. "I love you too, Rey."