31|The First to Fall

* .·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·. *

"Cowards die many times before their deaths

their deaths.
The valiant never taste of death
but once."
~William Shakespeare
* .·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·. *

Nanna made her way through the crowd, trying to get to her friends, a task that proved to be quite difficult.

"Lady Nanna." Thor had taken her smaller hand in his larger one, dragging her towards the rest of their friends, Skadi, Loki, Freya and Fandral. Hogun had gone to sleep while Volstagg was proudly dancing with his new wife.

"There you are. I thought I was going to have to deal with them on my own." Skadi sipped her mead as she grinned while Loki looked at her sharply "You? What have I been doing?" His friends laughed as Freya gently patted her younger brother's shoulder.

"Wanda, Pietro and Freya, you get these people out." The three nodded and got up from their seats "Wait! How are we getting down?" Wanda's accent notable as she looked around in question "Leave that to me." Freya put her hands on the shoulders of the twins, teleporting them to a bridge "Pietro, go to the outer skirts of the city." The boy nodded before speeding away "Wanda, you take that side alright?" Wanda nodded and got into position.

Both women pushed their hands down, allowing their minds to command people to evacuate. Wanda's red wisps seemed to extend from her like tentacles, surrounding people and forcing them to exit their houses. Freya's powers did almost the exact same, except they were invisible. It made Freya wonder if her and Wanda's powers were so similar because of their connection with an Infinity Stone.

The rest of the team joined the two on the bridge, helping them with the evacuation.

Suddenly, Ultron's army attacked. The robots started jumping on the bridge, attacking anyone they could "Go!" Steve shouted while throwing his shield at a robot "Get off the bridge!" Wanda shouted, urging people forward. Freya and Wanda threw their hands up in similar movements, creating a shield to stop the bullets from killing the Sokovians "Run!" Wanda shouted, losing her concentration for a second, causing her shield to hit her and knock her backwards "I got you." Freya said, extending her shield, earning a smile from Wanda "Thank you."

Freya narrowed her eyes as she came up with a plan "Nidhogg." The dragon understood what she wanted and immediately flew away. He turned to his middle size and breathed out fire, melting some robots "Oh well, that will have to do." Freya ran forward, throwing her hands down and flying up, Nidhogg next to her.

Freya flew over the fighting down below her, the sounds of people screaming and metal hitting metal filled her ears. Freya spotted the perfect spot and flew down. Landing with her fist punching the ground, sending out a telekinetic wave that destroyed the first line of robots around her while Nidhogg breathed fire at the second line. Freya raised her hands before bringing them down, making rubble fall onto the robots.