03|The joy and the chaos

* .·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·. *

"Expectation is the root of all heartache"~William Shakespeare *

~William Shakespeare
* .·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·. *

Freya looked looked at her older brother who angrily turned a table in the banquet hall. Her fingers nervously picked at her left hand as she tried, and failed, to calm down Thor.

Loki quietly walked over to Thor, who had sat down.

"It's not wise to be in my company now, brother, sister." Thor muttered as he looked away. Freya gave a halfhearted smile "Who said us to be wise?"
"This was supposed to be my day of triumph." The young Asgardian voice filled with anger.
"It will come, in time." The soothing voice of the youngest spoke.

The trio heard their friends enter the room, but the only one who really seemed interested in their arrival was Loki.

"If it's any consultation, I think you're right." Freya looked at her brother alarmed. Loki.....Stop this will not end well. But Loki simply ignored her and continued his small speech.
"About the Frost Giants, about Laufy, about everything. If they found a way to penetrate our defences once, who's to say they won't do it again? Next time with an army." The sly words of the youngest sibling worked and Thor easily agreed. "Exactly."

Freya knew where this was going but there was nothing she could do without breaking her promise of never entering her brother's mind. "And there is nothing you can do without defying father....." The two brothers shared a look and Freya did not even have to use her powers to know that this was not going to end well.

"No, no, no, no, no, I know that look." Loki quickly spoke as Thor rose, a determined look on his face. "It's the only way to insure the safety of our borders."
"Thor, it's madness." "Just think about the consequences." The two younger siblings pleaded, one being sincere.

Volstagg's interest was peaked with the word 'madness' "Madness?What madness?" "We're going to Jotunheim." Freya looked down, her thoughts going 1000 miles a minute. Luckily, Freya was not the only one who though this idea to be madd, even for her brother. "What?!" "This isn't like a journey to Earth, where you summon a little bit of lightning and a little bit of thunder and the mortals worship you like a god. This is Jotunheim." Fandral spoke as he walked in the direction of his good friend.

Thor stood his ground "My father fought his way into Jotunheim, defeating their armies and taking their casket." It was clear that multiple asgardians did not want to hear the speech about the All Father concurring Jotunheim. "We'd just be looking for answers."

Lady Sif also decided to try to reason with the god of thunder "It is forbidden." A loud chuckle could be heard from Thor "My friends, have you forgotten what we have done together?" The prince walked towards his friends, determined to convince them. "Fandral, Hogun, who led you into the most glorious battles?"
Hogun hesitated a bit before responding "You did."
"And Volstagg, to delicacies so succulent, you thought you'd died and gone to Valhalla?" Volstagg chuckled "You did."