13|Accusing

* .·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·. *

Freya stood in a small corridor of the helicarrier. She nervously picked at her left hand while she waited for a ghost of her past. She paced and her heels echoed.

"Freya." Steve walked into the corridor and looked down at her, his stomach turned as he looked at the petite woman. He had hated too see how heartbroken Bucky had been when she suddenly disappeared and never appeared again, they had even gone to the police but that was no help, but now he stood in front of her 70 years later. She didn't look a day older, she had just shown that she had powers and apparently she was asgardian.

Freya smiled up at the man but felt his mixed emotions and felt herself being engulfed in guilt "Hey, Steve." His blue eyes looked down at her in question, Freya expected him to get angry over the fact that she lied about being asgardian, but rather his question surprised her "Why did you leave?"

Freya took a deep breath and looked at the ground "I didn't intend to leave for so long. I went to Asgard at the end of the day but one day I heard that the kree had attacked Xandar. Xandar had asked Asgard for help and I had to join the fight." Steve blinked a few times at her explanation but before he could react she continued "I came back two years later but when I looked for you both, I couldn't find either of you. After a while I discovered you two had joined your army for your own war." Steve wanted to hate her for the pain she had inflicted on Bucky by leaving but he knew that if Bucky had known her explanation he would have understood.

Silence consumed them for a few seconds before Steve wrapped his large arms around Freya's small frame. She smiled and hugged him back tightly "What happened to you? You used to be my height and less..." She pricked her finger at his now muscled bicep. Steve smiled "I joined the army."

The pair caught up before Steve went to check on Tony and Bruce in their lab.

Freya searched for Thor's mind, which was an easy task as his thoughts were even louder than his voice.

She appeared next to him. Thor was seated with his back against a wall with one leg up while he looked out of the window. Freya slid down the wall and sat down next to him. Thor wrapped his arms around her shoulders as Freya leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Are you alright?" Thor kept looking as he asked the question, his voice slightly worried. Freya gazed at the fluffy clouds outside "I have been better and I have been worse." Thor tightened his grip around her, his big brother instincts to keep her safe and happy consuming him "How are you?" Freya's forest green eyes tore away from the clouds and cast a look at her brother's face. He stayed silent for a few moments before slowly speaking his mind "I am happy I am back on Earth but not under these circumstances..." His face saddened as he continued "I cannot believe that Loki is doing all of this. He changed so much so quickly." Freya felt her own eyes getting wet as the elder siblings thought back at how they had mourned the youngest.