07|Now or Never

* .·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·. *

Freya sat in her room. She skilfully brushed and did her hair, while a book floated in front of her. Her green eyes read over the elegant words that were written on the old pages that were filled with the myths of folk tales, while she braided her milky hair into a simple style which consisted of four, four strand braids that met on the back of her head in a braided bun.

The serene scene was ruined as the door to Freya's bedroom was flung open with such a force that it made multiple banners fall of the stone walls. Freya turned away from her vanity and faced Volstagg, Hogun, Fandral and Sif, who stood in the doorway. Volstagg grinned widely at her, while the others looked slightly disturbed at his actions.
Freya raised an eyebrow in question. It was common that Volstagg would open doors with such force, that banners would fall of the wall and left everyone wondering how the doors didn't splinter. But, she wondered why they were in her room.

"We have a terrific plan." Fandral started "Well it is more exquisite." Volstagg argued. The two looked at each other, silently asking the other if they were going to have to start bickering like children.

  Yet before the two could continue their bickering over how great the plan was, Hogun interfered "We are going to Earth." Another one of Freya's eyebrows shot up in question, wondering how going to Earth was a plan."Can you teleport?" Sif's question was simple and direct, the answer however was not.

"I...I am not sure. I could try, but we do not know where Thor is. And I can not locate him and teleport to him." There was a silence. They had not hoped or thought of that answer. The only other option was the Bifrost, and with Heimdall that was probably not an option either.

"Our chances of success are not that big. Let's do it."  Hogun, Fandral, Freya and Sif looked at Volstagg with looks of unbelief and proudness. But still decided to go along with it, they did not have a choice."Should we not get lady Skadi." Hogun asked, his question was directed to Freya, her and Skadi being almost inseparable since. the war. Freya smiled "No, she is a little busy at the moment. Let us not interrupt her." And with that they all took a hold of Freya, before teleporting to the observatory.

Meanwhile, Skadi sat in her room. Most of her furniture was damaged in some way, it gave her room a creepy aspect. The stool in front of her vanity was the first thing she decided to fix. She conjured some ice to make one leg so the stool would be able to stand.

Skadi looked at one of the banners that she had hidden under her bed. The banner depicted a painted image of Odin, Frigga, Thor, Freya and Loki. The family was surrounded by entwined branches that moved slightly, the picture was painted just after the war that had destroyed her life.

The fire's soft crackling captured the woman's attention. She took the banner, the thick cloth weighting heavily in her arms, and walked over to the fire. Her brown eyes looked at the fire before she threw the banner into the hot flames. The flames slowly swallowing the picture, the face of her friend looking at Skadi didn't touch her in any way, it left her empty.