17|Tear me to pieces

* .·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·. *

"Mastering others is strength

Mastering yourself is true power."
~Lao Tzu

* .·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·. *

Freya made her way to her mother's study  room. Thor had taken Jane to the healers, and Freya suspected that Odin would fight with Thor about the matter.

Freya stopped in front of an oaken door and raised her small hand. She nocked twice before she got an answer. Freya opened the door and made sure her dress wouldn't get stuck in the door before she closed it. "Freya, how have you been." Frigga got up from her comfortable chair and walked over to the shorter woman and gave her a warm hug "I have been alright. What about you?" Freya sat down in the green chair as her mother returned to her own chair.

"I visited your brother today..." Frigga trailed off as a silence settled over the mother and daughter. Freya looked down at her hands before clearing her throat "Thor and I went to Midgard today when Heimdall could not see Jane. In short when we got to her, I felt my powers weaken and there were like whispers in my head." Frigga looked down in realisation "And there is a type of infection in Jane that lashes out to protect itself and her in the process." Frigga got up and took a dusty book from one of the many dark bookshelves "I know I should have told you earlier." Freya frowned as she got up herself and followed Frigga to the large map table in the room.

"The tale of the three dragons, Fafnir, Nidhogg and Jormungand is real. Fafnir really died and my father, Vili, was named dragon friend." Frigga opened the book to a page that showed the death of Fafnir "But the most important part of the story was forgotten. Nidhogg and Jormungand told Vili of a way to protect his family and allow Fafnir's soul to live on. The two eldest daughters of each generation of descendants of Vili, would be born with half of Fafnir's soul." Freya looked up at Frigga "Do you mean that....."

"Yes, Fafnir lives in you and Skadi. Just like the dragon lived in me and Hlin before Skadi was born." Freya already had many questions but allowed her mother to finish her story "But there was a price. The eldest of the two would be connected to the soul stone, one of the 6 infinity stones."

"Would that not only increase my power?" Frigga gave the younger woman a sad smile "While it may if you manage to control it, it is also a great weakness. Jane does not have an infection, the aether, reality stone, has chosen her body as it's host. All infinity stones are your weakness." Freya's mind tried to process the amount on new information that was being given to her "Can you teach me how?"

"No. Only Hlin can help you. And whichever dragon chooses you."

"The dragons returned to their resting place by the roots of Yggdrasil..." Freya trailed off as she realised where she had to go.

Freya sat in her room while the frustration built up in her when her mental connection, or actually soul connection, with Skadi wasn't working and she didn't get the aventurine to work. The green ink like colour of the stone never changing as she tried and tried.