The Meeting

Feeling the plane start it's descend was calming, I liked the feeling of lowering down closer to the ground, like a roller coaster. When you get on a tall roller coaster and it dips down real fast. The feeling you get in the pit of your stomach, that's what I was feeling but I enjoyed it.

Thomas, of course, wasn't awake to enjoy the plane ride with me, seeing as this is his 100th time on a plane he probably didn't get an out of body experience with it anymore. I on the other hand practically had to catch my socks, because every time we were in the air and came into some troubles I kept jumping out of them.

The landing was smooth in my opinion. The fact that the plane didn't crash and fall into the water somewhere gave the pilot big props with me. I was the first one off the plane, I wanted to get a fresh smell of, angry New Yorkers, car gas, and opportunity. This was definitely what I uplifted my life for and I hope it will be worth the trouble.

Thomas handled the issue with my things, while I explored the landing platform, running around as if there wasn't another plane scheduled to take off soon. I was just so excited that nothing was boring. Even the baggage claim was fun, watching my exact bag being tugged on a conveyer belt towards me. I felt like an excited teenager as I collected my little bag and walked out on to the streets of New York. Slinging my bag on to my shoulder and walking out with it bouncing at my side.

I wasn't a huge city girl but I was going to have to adapt. From the area of Louisiana where I lived there wasn't much in the way of people. We had a couple of grocery stores and some laundromats but that was all. We had essentials nothing too extreme. Here, everyone had more than what was needed, movie theaters, bars, parks that were newish looking. Just being able to be on these streets is making me starstruck.

"Isn't it grand". Thomas spoke out.

"It's amazing". I said in awe of everything around me.

Thomas's hand rested on my shoulder while gently pushing me down the streets. My smile wasn't able to be contained. I just felt a rush of happiness and freedom. Like nothing could stop me from accomplishing what I wanted to do in my life.

Working in my own company could open pathways for me, and not just in the money department. I wouldn't have to worry about anything except myself and making money.

Fashion was all I wanted to do with myself, have a fashion line, to be able to walk down the street and see people in my clothes all the time. It seemed like all just yesterday I was thinking and dreaming about it. Now I'm here, in New York ready to jumpstart my career.

Nothing felt more sacred then walking down the streets where my future was going to start. Once we made it up to my apartment building I let Thomas walk away down to his apartment. I made sure I didn't get an apartment in the crime area of the city. This was one of the poshest Apartments in the city, I paid a lot for it. I already had my downpayment for 6 months so I was set and ready for where I was going to live for half a year.

I walked into the spooky decorated and furnished lobby area. They were really ready for the holidays. I couldn't blame them, Halloween was a favorite holiday of mine as well. I always got a kick out of scaring people for no exact reason.

I walked in a friendly demeanor up to the counter lady, giving her the information for my room.

"Ma'am this room had already been rented". In the calmest manner, she spoke to me.

"How is that possible? I paid for that room. I have 6 months in advanced payment. How could that be possible".

"That's what the computer says". She barely even looked up at me, she just kept typing away at the keyboard on her phone. Like none of this mattered to her at all.