Shock & Awe✅

By the time, we were leaving the vacation trip I had felt like I had met a whole new world. A whole new pair of people who were really friendly.

I didn't want to leave mostly because the plane ride means going back to Lucas, and I don't think I can face him without thinking about me and Bakari's night together.

He's shown me that's he wants to be with me and I obviously want to be with him. But I had to think about things and the complications of dating a married man. I didn't know if he'd ever get out his marriage and I didn't know if he was actually trying or if he was just trying to have the best of both worlds.

After the plane ride home, Bakari took me home that night and I immediately went to bed again, even after the naps I took on the plane.

~~~~

I didn't mind going to work in the morning, I think I was still coming off the highs of Bakari. I was so dickmatized.

I had a spring in my step, I was satisfied and everything was just as I had wanted it to be.

I didn't think anything could ruin my mood until I actually stepped foot inside my place of employment.

I had intended on just seeing Bakari and hopefully seeing his smiling face would uplift my day some more but I ran into Lucas first.

"Oliva, Hey, you're in a rush". He stopped right in front of me blocking me from going around him.

"Hey, Lucas". I said unenthusiastically, but I couldn't help it I wanted to see Bakari.

"You're back how was your trip, with the boss".

'I got fucked multiple times and I can still feel it'. Was what I had wanted to say but I knew I couldn't because it would hurt him, and even though I knew now that I didn't want to be with Lucas I didn't want to hurt him.

He was one of the sweetest guys ever and I hoped he found someone that was better than me.

He was way too good of a person to waste himself on me, a ditzy girl who actually let herself fall for her own boss accidentally.

"It was great". I filled piled out my mouth, "Nothing too serious just work-related". I lied, we didn't do anything work-related, most of the time was spent, touring and eyeing down nice views, and the best view of all, Bakari.

"Oh that's great, hey I'm going to return to work". He seemed to get it by my dry reply to his question that I was vaguely uninterested.

He probably was questioning how I went from interested to uninterested, in just a few days.

I continued away from Lucas's work station and towards Bakari's.

I just wanted to see him and hopefully, he wanted to see me as much as I wanted to see him. My spring in my step decreased as I came upon his office and the door was open. I walked inside and seen some woman at the desk, that I came to figure out was Freya.

I didn't know what they were talking about, but I was getting closer trying to figure out.

"Bakari I'm not getting a divorce, you can see whatever little whore your seeing, but at the end of the day your mine".

"I'm not yours, I don't want to be with you anymore why can't you let me be".

She took a brief pause trying to come up with some reason that didn't make her seem so bad, "Doesn't matter Bakari".

She turned around walking towards the exit and I turned to dash away, but she caught a glimpse of me.

"Hey, you". To think I thought she was going to cuss me out. Instead, she was oblivious to the fact that I was having an affair with her husband, and that her husband is enjoying his time with me.