The Music In Me ✅✔️

Bakari was taking me out on a drive in the town, he wanted me to see the rest of the city, the parts I didn't yet.

I placed on a long sleeve shirt, with destroyed denim jeans, and black Uggs. Bakari loaded up in his car and I sat in the passenger seat, waiting for Bakari to get in the car with me.

The driver door opened and he hopped inside. Looking over and smiling, I returned his smile.

He pulled off into the streets of Carmel City and awaited in the passenger seat. Looking out the window, watching all the houses appear in my sight and disappear into the distance just as quickly as it came into view.

"We are crossing a bridge!" I excitedly squealed and he just laughed at my excitement. "Look at this view, the ocean, and the mountains, ugh this city is beautiful".

"I'm looking at something else beautiful". I giggled smiling.

"Can we play music in here?" I asked

"Yeah, you got something in mind?" He lifted his eyebrow. Getting a short stare at me before looking back at the road.

"I want to get to know you some more" I spoke, "What kind of music you like?"

"Lots". He responded with his little grin plastered on his lips. In a teasing smirk.

"Oh come on, you got to have some type of music you like more than others," I muttered, connecting my phone to his Bluetooth. I scrolled over my music trying to find something that I really felt.

I found the perfect song and decided to play it. Turning it up so that it was loud enough to where I could drown in the music. Yet, still low enough to where I could hear Bakari speak if he had something to say.

The lyrics started and I was getting into the mood.

''The writings on the wall right now'
'And I'm way too involved somehow'
'Shit I probably tore her hear right out'
'At least that's how it feels right now'

My head was nodding to the beat, my head swaying from side to side. Jamming to one of my favorite songs.

"You listen to songs about druggies?" He chuckled and asked, I lowered the music a little.

"So? I love this song".

"You're different, this song is hitting the right spot though. Logically thinking, it's not half bad". His hand was tapping against the wheel as he drove the car, I decided to turn it up and drown out the car.

'It's kinda hard to deal out there'
'There's way too many feels out there'
'She said not if your a millionaire'
'And I swear I fell in love right there'

Bakari was really getting into the mood of the song, despite what it's about. He wasn't paying attention to the deeper meaning of the song. Many people interpret songs in different ways, I hoped he interpreted it the same way as I.

The last part was coming up and I couldn't hold in my will to sing to it.

'She built a world with her own two hands'
'Well, just give that a thought'
'And she don't ever wanna make no plans'
'Cause she don't go outside no more'
'She left a dent in my heart'
'As she drove with a car into my life though'
'She tilts her head to the side'
'What a night, yeah'
'But Cassie don't you overdose'