Why?! ✅✔️

Even after a few days passed I still couldn't ignore that fuck up I made. Good thing I was whispering or he would have heard.

Today at work I was called in Bakari's office for the first time in a while, maybe it was something about his project or maybe he just needed me to get him some drinks.

I knocked lightly before getting a response to be allowed inside. I walked in and he was alone, I'm guessing Mr. Matthews was out at the moment.

"Hello, Sir," I spoke as I looked around momentarily.

"Sit," he demanded and I obeyed. Sitting in one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"Is there someone wrong, sir?" I asked as nicely as possible.

"Mr. Matthews seemed to like you, and I'd like to thank you for getting me this partnership with him. We have to take a trip to a foreign country and I'd like to take you". I suddenly got so excited, I haven't traveled much before. I wanted to visit foreign countries, no matter what country it was.

"Are you serious?" I asked as I stood up. My mouth dropping as he came from behind his desk towards me. A smile plastered across his lips.

"I am," he assured. I knew I was smiling hard, I can tell by the fact that my cheeks were starting to hurt from how hard I was smiling.

"Oh my god, sir thank you". I jumped into his arms wrapping my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. We were like that for a while, until I decided to loosen the grip I had on his neck. My face was in front of his now, just like it had been at the bash a few months ago.

I wanted to pull away again, but since we were alone my confidence wasn't there. The thought of boundaries wasn't there anymore. He leaned in closely and our lips crashed together. They danced together as one, and I melted into the kiss.

My arms found their way around his neck once more pulling him closer to me, his hands gripping my waist. His tongue flicked against my bottom lip and I opened allowing him entrance. His tongue found it's way into my mouth, our tongues fought for dominance. He won.

We stopped only to catch our breath and continued on. I jolted the moment his phone rang, interrupting the moment. 

"Ugh," I groaned in annoyance as I was starting to enjoy what was going on more than I should have.

"Yes, we are leaving in the morning. Don't worry everything will be fine. Okay bye now". He hung up the phone and looked back towards me.

"Leave! Morning!" I was shocked not only did he wait till the last minute, but I was also going to have to pack extremely fast.

"Take the rest of the day off, go home and pack". I quickly thanked him, before rushing out.

I had to hurry home not even wanting to say anything to Lucas. Especially, not after what just happened. He was a factor in my life, a potential relationship. I'd feel all types of regret if I looked at him now.

I hurried to make sure I packed essentials. Toothbrushes, hair items, my favorite body wash. I looked down at my little sleeping Kin and I didn't want to leave him.

A hear a pounding on my door and I ran to answer it, it was Bakari who just invited himself in. Without me acknowledging any permission at him walking inside.

"Hey, you know a 'can I come in' would do just nicely," I sassed.

"Sorry, are you packed?".

I placed my hands on my hips, "Bakari it's been 30 minutes". I started looking at him like he was the dumbest and craziest person in the world.

"I'm sorry, you're right, let me help you". He hurried into my bedroom, not wasting any time to throw clothes into my suitcase.