Dominate ✅✔️

Today is Christmas Day! So Merry Christmas to you all!

I quickly toss the note away, hoping this would be the end of this. Placing the rose it came within a vase I had on my bookshelf. I carried on with the moment by taking a couple of breaths. I drank some coffee, then pulled out some papers that needed my very most attention.

Thanksgiving was passing and Christmas was slowly approaching. We needed something to get this business off the ground. I had to call a meeting with all my employees. As much as I didn't want to move, the meeting can't be held in my office. In the break room, everyone was waiting there for me. Waiting patiently there for the speech that was about to be voiced.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite times of the year. All the happiness and jolly attitude everywhere.  

I loved it, the feeling of love instead of hate. Being in New York for almost a year has taught me that New Yorkers really are just as mean as everyone said they are.

I was glad to have people hired that seemed friendly. Some men more friendly than others, some flirtatious, others being downright bold.

I didn't know why you'd think since they were hired by my boyfriend they'd take it that I wasn't going to do anything with them. Some men don't really get the hint.

I missed him though, a lot. That note from Donavan made me realize how much I really miss Bakari. I hope his feelings for me are true, that I'm not just something he's using to get over Freya. After Donavan, I'm really not in the mood to deal with any more heartbreak.

I don't think I'd be able to handle another heartbreak as I did with Donavan. Bakari is a huge gentleman, he can easily make any woman as happy as he made me. Hopefully, he made me happy with real intentions behind it.

I walked up in front of the simmering crowd, looking among them whistling to get their attention.

"Calm down people, calm down". Maria stood right next to me, taking her assistant's place. "I know this meeting is unexpected, shocking even, but there was a lot of thinking going on. We need some type of plan to get people to look this way. To look at us as a real brand and want to buy our clothes. Before I dismiss you back to work I'd like to let you know that if there is an idea that you have that'll pitch the Christmas spirit and bring attention to us then make your way to my office at any time unless posted otherwise..that is all..," I concluded allowing everyone to head back to work.  

Walking back to my office I heard a "Boss!" I turned quickly around looking into the eyes of some employee that I haven't met on a personal level before.

"Your name is?" I questioned as I looked at the employee.

"I'm Damion, I was hoping to speak to you about the Christmas ideas".

"Oh, hello Damion, yes sure, follow me." I walked into my office, him following right behind me. I smiled as I pointed to the seats that rested in front of my desk as I walked around and sat in my big chair. Watching him take a seat in front of me. "So what did you have in mind?" I asked looking deep into his eyes, intrigued as to what his proposal could have been.

"So I have this vision," he started. "So the giant hall downstairs could be used to hold a Santa setup. We have been working on a new eyeshadow pallet. We could use the Santa setup as promotion for the new eyeshadows. Not to mention, set up clothes people can purchase".

"I love it! I think I will put that into motion".

"Thank you, Boss, glad for this opportunity to please you". He smiled