You Are Always Apart Of Me

So I followed him to his door step, watching as he unlocked his door. Stepping inside I followed, kicking his door closed behind me.

His living area was neat, like I always remembered. Not a thing out of place every object in it's designated area. Kin noticed my shift in attitude when I entered. He obviously didn't like Donavan very much. I wouldn't even be mad at my little boy if he went pee on his sofa.

He'd actually get a treat for that. Kin was a good boy so if he peed somewhere he wasn't supposed to, I'd just think he had the better judgement.

"Kin, be good for mommy". I took his leash off and allowed him to roam free. He happily took my suggestion and roamed around this new territory he has never been exposed to. "Donavan what's the whole talk about, I don't see anything we need to discuss".

"Then that's what we need to discuss". He mentioned.

"Donavan, you are a ex. We broke up you cheated. Nothing more needs to be talked about. You made your choice".

"No I didn't, I made a mistake. It wasn't a choice of any kind". He was really trying to make me believe this. I didn't know if it was true, but I didn't care. It's not like he was going to have a chance with me anyways. I still have a man, even though he's in the ER clutching to the little life he had left in him.

"Well that was a major mistake. In the real world cheating on your girlfriend is punished. I didn't even punish you".

"You did and you are. This very moment".

"I didn't punish you, I left you. Any woman would common sense would have done that". My lip curved a little getting slightly annoyed at this conversation. "You gotta come with something better than that".

"I just wanted to talk, nothing more. I know I messed up. But I miss you, and that's genuine".

While he was talking I realized that the spark between us wasn't completely dead. The fire between us was small, but not gone. I thought when I left him that day in the dorm room that, that's where the love between us died. It didn't and I now realize that. I was present, just not strong enough to rekindle what we had. It can never go back to the way it was, I can't trust him anymore.

"I bet you do Donavan, and some part of me can say that she misses you to. But this...us.... is over. You messed up left me thinking I wasn't anything but a time passer. Do you know how that feels?".

"I...no I don't". He admitted. "I made you feel that way".

"I felt as if our entire relationship didn't mean shit to you. You were willing to throw our entire relationship away for a kiss from Destiny Really is that was our relationship meant to you? Is that all I meant to you?"

"No! You meant everything to me!" He exclaimed

"LIES! If that were true you wouldn't have cheated. You wouldn't have thrown me and our relationship away over a fling with Destiny".He couldn't even retaliate with anything. He knew what I was saying wasn't up for debate. "See you don't have anything else to say huh. Thanks for the talk I feel so much better now. Kin! We are leaving".

I watched as the puppy appeared at my feet, I didn't even bother putting a leash on Kin. "Come, lets go". I turned but my arm was grabbed and I was turned to face Donavan.

"You know, I know you hate me. At least let me comfort you, with your boyfriend being in the hospital". I almost teared up, but I have my cousins here, I rather cry in their shoulder than Donavan's. But maybe I could make amends with Donavan, he seemed to not be giving up and I'm not changing my mind about us. "It is my fault and I want to apologize".