Irreplaceable ✅✔️

Time to finally get back to normalcy as much as we can possibly go.

Bakari has work to go back to and unfortunately, so do I. No matter how much I love my job, this bed still makes it hard to get out of it.

The warmth gave off, the security, and safety I felt in my bed was unrealistic. The fact that my pillow felt like a cloud was such a strong characteristic for just a pillow.

I knew even though I didn't want to I had to get up. It was even harder to leave this specific morning. Bakari was laying in my bed generating total warmth.

"Ugh". I groaned quietly not wanting to wake Kari.  Even though he probably has to be there early just like I do. I gently kissed all over his face, hoping to wake him, "Kari, Kari wake up".

His facial features were adjusting. He was looking tired and annoyed all at once. Just not at me at the fact he had to wake up.

"Work. We have to go". I hopped off his lap, walking towards my bathroom. My speaker was right on a table stand right by my bathroom.

I always played some music while I showered. So I turned it on and scrolled through my song list, trying to find something to listen to.

"Another guessing game huh?" Bakari asked from the bed.

"Aye, you don't have to guess". I spoke turning to face him.

"I want to get to know you, this seems like the only way since you won't come out and tell me". He looked right through me.

"This makes it fun". I gave him a cocky smile and played the music.

'To the left to the left'
'Everything you own to the box to the left'
'In the closet that's my stuff, yes'
'If I bought it please don't touch'

So I went to shower leaving Bakari, alone to decipher the song on his own.

'Standing in the front, telling me how I'm'
'Such a fool, talking about'
'How I'll never ever find another man like you'
'You got me twisted'

'You must not know about me, you must not know about me'
'I could have another you in a minute'
'Matter of fact, he'll be here in a minute, baby'
'You must not know about me, you must not know about me'
'I can have another you by tomorrow'
'So don't you ever for a second get to thinking'
'You're irreplaceable'

Bakari was thinking long, listening to every word, careful not to miss a lyric. Listening to the way she sings it, and how her words are worded.

'So go ahead and get gone'
'Call up that chick and see if she's home'
'Oops, I bet you thought, that I didn't know'
'What did you think I was putting you out for'
'Because you was untrue'
'Rollin' her around in the car that I bought you'
'Baby drop them keys'
'Hurry up before your taxi leaves'

That line really got him to thinking, that whole verse matter of fact. Putting him in his own feelings, maybe because Beyoncé was singing but the song had a deep meaning that also related to my life.

He didn't know about Donavan, I didn't ever want him to know. I can't keep it from him, he didn't keep his secret from me, it'd be wrong if I did.

I was soon going to have to put my pride aside and tell him my story. Whether he was ready to hear it determined when I'd tell him. I don't know if he was ready for it or even prepared for anything I had to say.