⚔️1⚔️

"Here we are Enya, our new home."

Enya looked up nervously at the large castle, gripping her bag packed with her few belongings to her chest before looking to her father.

"Are we really staying here?" She asked him. "Just so you can tailor new shirts for the king and his son's?"

"Not just the king, for the rest of the palace as well my dear." Her father assured her. "Lord Viren is an acquaintance of mine, he was the one to recommend me to king Harrow."

As the two walked into the castle courtyard, Enya stayed close to her father. Walking past what she assumed was the training area, she caught sight of two boys, one who looked around her age and another who looked a lot younger than her, sword fighting each other with wooden swords. The older boy managed to knock the sword out of the younger ones hands and knocked him right into the ground.

"Oww! No fair Soren!" The younger boy cried as he tried to stand up.

"Dad wait here." Enya said as she hurried over to the two.

"Wait Enya-"

"Well this is why we practice Callum, so you can get better and not get knocked down like that again." The older boy, who the younger boy referred to as Soren stated, not even bending down to help him up.

"The least you can do is help him up." Enya commented as she reached them and extended her hand to the younger boy. "Here, on your feet." The younger boy grinned as he eagerly took her hand to hoist himself up and gave her a smile.

"Thank you." He said happily and bent down to pick up his wooden sword. "Do you know how to sword fight?"

"Ah...no, I don't. The only sharp object I've been allowed to use to stab is a needle." Enya admitted with a small chuckle. "But it sounds fun."

"Teach her Soren! She could probably kick your butt!" The younger boy giggled and held his training sword out to her. "Try it!"

"Enya! We're going to be late meeting the king!" Enya heard her father yell.

"I'm coming dad!" She yelled back and looked to the younger boy. "Sorry, maybe later. Nice knowing you!"

"Bye!" The younger boy yelled as she rushed off to her father and turned to the other boy, who he noticed was also watching her. "Uh Soren, are you okay?"

The older boy blinked and shook his head. "Sorry what did you say Callum?"

"You...you were staring at the girl." The younger boy's eyes lit up. "Ooh do you like her?"

"No! No we just met her! And she didn't even speak to me!" The older boy scoffed and raised his wooden sword. "Come on, back to training."

⚔️⚔️⚔️

"Of course we'd be happy to have you tailor new clothes for us! I'm sure Viren could use some new robes as well!" King Harrow chuckled and clapped Enya's father on the shoulder. "Damian we'll be happy to have you and your daughter in our staff."

"Good to hear your majesty, and thank you Lord Viren for recommending us." Damian said nodding to the mage. "Let us know if you or your children need their clothes repaired."

"We'll be sure to let you know, in the meantime, perhaps I can show you two to your rooms?" Viren suggested. "And perhaps introduce Enya to the princes as well?"

"Ezran should be with his nursemaid and Callum is in the courtyard training with Soren and the other guards, I'm sure you'll be able to find them and introduce them to Enya." Harrow said with a nod and gave the young girl a warm smile. "And it'd be nice for my sons to have a new friend in the castle."

"Then perhaps the princes could give her a tour of the castle once they get well acquainted with her." The mage suggested as he motioned for the two to follow him. "I'm sure you'll get along well with them and my children as well."

'The king did say his son was in the courtyard training, perhaps the boy I helped up was the prince?' Enya thought to herself as she followed her father out of the throne room. 'He did refer to the older boy as Soren so...yeah that must be him. Guess I'll be getting along with him just fine.'

As they were being led to their rooms through a long hallway decorated with tapestries and suits of armor, Enya heard the sound of stone scraping against another stone and a little grunt when she turned to see a small dark hair child popping out of the wall with a yellow and blue creature in his arms. Viren and her father must have heard him as well as the child made his way over to them.

"Hello!" He said to her and held up the strange creature in his arms. "This is Bait!"

"Uh...what is he?" Enya asked, bending down to look at the small creature. It looked like a cross between a salamander and a frog and his eyes were narrowed as if he was constantly angry.

"A glow toad! And he's my best friend in the whole world!" The child gushed, hugging the glow toad to his chest and earning a little groan from it. "Who are you?"

"Oh me? I'm-I'm Enya, my father and I just moved in to tailor clothes for the king, his family and the other occupants of the castle."

"What's a tailor?"

"It's just a fancy name for someone who sews clothes and repairs or adjusts them."

"My older brother has a badly torn shirt, can you fix it?"

"I can try, just bring it to our rooms and once I get thread I'll fix it."

"I see you're getting acquainted with prince Ezren already." Viren commented and looked at the young boy. "Shouldn't you be upstairs with your nurse?"

"I'm supposed to be napping, but I'm exploring!" The child, now who Enya realized was the prince, said and giggled and pointed to her. "I like her, she she's very nice!"

"Uh...thank you?" Enya said, feeling herself blush from embarrassment and brushed a strand of her dark hair behind one ear. "I guess?"

"Prince Ezran!" A shrill female voice yelled, startling them.

"Uh oh! Bye!" The prince squeaked as he bolted down the hall.

"Well guess it won't be very boring here now." Damian murmured and looked to the mage. "I kind of expected the princes to be...a bit older."

"They're just four and eight, but they're growing quite fast. Next thing we know one they'll be grown up and ready to rule the kingdom." Vieren said with a shrug. "Anyways, your rooms are down the hall to your right. Plenty of windows to open so you won't feel stuffy."