⚔️ 10 ⚔️

"I can't wait for you to meet Corvus, Rayla and Zym, you're going to love them!" Enya exclaimed as she was leading Amaya through the woods back to the cave. "And Callum, Bait and Ezran are going to be so happy to see you again!"

At the sound of the two princes names, Amaya barked and wagged her tail in excitement. She hadn't seen them or Bait in a long time, and she was very eager to see them again along with her other favorite humans. As they were walking, Amaya's ears perked up before she let out a small growl and began barking before jumping in front of Enya to keep her from walking forward.

"Whoa what's the matter old girl?" Enya asked when she heard the bushes near them rustling. She turned, expecting a Banther or even a bear to come out, but much to her relief it was just Corvus. "Oh stars you scared me! Amaya, heel!"

"Oh so that's the Amaya Gren told our squadron about." Corvus said as Amaya scooted back to Enya's side, giving him a wary look. "Oh now I see why you named her after the general, even her wary look is the same as hers!"

"It's okay girl, Corvus is a friend." Enya laughed as she knelt down to grab her dog's collar. "He won't hurt us."

"Hello there, fluffy general." Corvus greeted as he knelt down to hold his hand out to the dog and removed his gloves so she could get his scent.

Amaya carefully sniffed each hand from the back to the front before looking up at Corvus carefully before breaking out in a doggy grin, wagged her tail and gave a bark, signaling to her owner that he was alright to be around.

"Good girl!" Enya said happily and ruffled the fur on Amaya's head. "Sorry about that, she's just a little wary around humans she's not familiar with. And speaking of familiar humans, how are the kids?"

"Well Rayla didn't fight me like I expected her to, and Ezran ran off and I can't find him." Corvus responded before Enya gave a loud yell.

"You lost the king?!" She screamed, grabbing the huntsman by the front of his shirt. "You're a tracker and you lost Ezran?!"

"He ran off when I told him he was the king! I thought he knew!"

"He didn't know! Callum and I were gonna tell him ourselves and now look what happened!"

"Well good news though, I found his tracks!"

"Well where did they lead you to?"

Corvus looked at her in an uncomfortable manner. "Uh well you see...they stopped when they crossed paths with some Banther tracks. I think...I think it ate him, but Rayla said something about him being able to speak to animals?"

Enya let out a sigh of relief. "Oh good, if anything he caught a ride on a Banther, you've got nothing to worry about."

"But...how is this possible?" Corvus asked. "Rayla didn't even explain it to me so I figured you'd know and went looking for you, how's Soren by the way?"

"Paralyzed..."

Corvus flinched. "Oh..."

"He says he's fine with it, and that he can't hurt anyone anymore." Enya added and looked down at her boots, clenching her fists tightly and looking ready to start crying. "Viren was making him do something bad and...he only did it because he didn't want to disappoint him. All Soren wanted was to have his dad's approval a-and love and look where it got him! He can't walk or move anymore!"