⚔️2⚔️

The trek up the mountain wasn't as hard as Enya had expected, but it wasn't easy either. There were so many cliffs she had to climb, a lot of gaps between them she had to jump, and a lot of times she nearly slipped and fell. The only good thing about this was that she didn't have to be carrying Amaya with her, since there were instances she had to throw herself across cliffs to reach the other side. Night time was starting to come, and she hadn't seen a single monster jump out at her from the trees or bushes.

“Best to keep on going, I'll rest when it's necessary.” Enya said out loud to herself.

Night was now approaching when she reached a certain part of the mountain that was flat and lead up to what must have been the Cape Caldera. Much to her horror and relief, Enya had only encountered two monsters that were dead. One looked like some sort of large fluffy beast with huge tusks and horns with a large hole in its side, and a few yards away was a large insect that looked like some sort of slug or leech that reeked badly. The only thing Enya could do was cover her mouth and try to ignore the nasty smells as she trudged up the mountain. The barren area soon turned into a forest again, and Enya began hearing strange sounds of something in the bushes and the trees.

“It’s just the wind, it’s just really creepy wind.” Enya told herself as she brought the hunting knife out. “There are no monsters, it’s just the wi-AAAAAHHH!”

A large creature dropped out of the trees in front of Enya, and gave a blood curdling scream. It was a giant creepy looking spider and it was making loud clicking noises as it edged close to the frightened human. Enya screamed and swung her knife at it, hoping to keep it back.

“GO AWAY! GO AWAY!” She shrieked as the spider got closer but kept it’s distance from the knife. “LEAVE ME ALONE!” With one final yell, she hurled the hunting knife at the monster.

The knife sailed through the air and went...right through the monster? The giant spider gave a confused chattering noise and looked at Enya with what could have been an offended look.

“Hey I told you to back off!” Enya retorted as she got to her feet and walked around the spider to retrieve the knife, which had gotten lodge in the trunk of a tree. “But...it went right through you, like you’re some kind of ghost or illusion or something.”

Enya walked right up to the spider and held her hand out towards it. The spider chattered again and walked right towards her, only to walk right through her. Definitely either a ghost or an illusion. If this spider wasn’t real, did that mean everything else on this mountain was fake as well?

“Well at least I know nothing up here can really hurt me.” Enya said to herself as she put the knife away and adjusted her bag over her shoulder. “Man if Callum, Ezran and that elf went up this way and found that fake spider I wonder how long it took for them to realize it was fake?”

⚔️⚔️⚔️

Soon the creepy woods and fake spiders disappeared, replaced by a normal looking forest. Enya was already feeling tired, her feet and legs aching from walking so much without proper resting periods. The grass was starting to look nice and soft at this point, so she decided to take a quick rest before moving on. The young tailor removed her boots to rub her aching feet and lay down on the grass with her bag under her head.

‘Just a few minutes to close my eyes and resta bit, I’ll be up again to keep walking.’ Enya thought as her eyes began to close and felt herself drift off.

It felt like she had only been asleep for a few minutes when Enya awoke to feel something cold and sharp press against her neck. She opened her eyes to see what looked like an oddly shaped blade touching her, and her eyes wandered up to see who was holding it.