⚔️ 9 ⚔️

Never in her life had Enya felt so excited as she and Corvus hurried up the trail, keeping their eyes on the tracks as they pressed on to the cave Enya had spotted earlier. She was finally going to see her brothers and her friend again after so many days of worrying for their safety, and hoped they and their animal companions were alright.

"Almost there Corvus! Just a little ways ahead!" She yelled as the cave was getting closer. The dirt trail had ended, now turning to one made of stone, but that didn't stop Enya from moving forward.

"Hang on, let me go first." Corvus said stopping her from moving forward. "Just in case the path gets too narrow for us or if a part of it broke off during the rain."

Enya allowed him to go first and trailed behind him. As the two moved on, her mind wandered to Soren and Claudia, wondering if they were alright. As angry as she was with them earlier in the week, she couldn't help but feel worried something happened to one of them during the fight with the dragon.

"Don't worry, I'm sure they're fine." Corvus assured her, as if he knew what she was thinking. "I don't know them as well as you do, but I'm quite sure neither Soren or Claudia are dead."

"I know I shouldn't worry about them, but I can't help it!" Enya groaned and covered her face in embarrassment. "They're my closest friends, and they were all I had when I thought I lost my father, Callum and Ezran! They were there for me, especially Soren when they saw how upset I was!"

Corvus gave a small shrug. "Alright I see your point, but I've noticed some things going on between the two of you ever since we both got captured, like how he always had you at his side all the time we were tied up, and when the dragon attacked the battle tower he tried to shield you."

"He's always been protective of me, that's just how he's always been." Enya pointed out. "Like one time at a festival some drunk tried hitting on me and when I refused his advances he got mad and tried to hurt me, but Soren got to me first and got me somewhere safe while Claudia distracted the man by setting his pants on fire."

"Has been been acting...strange lately?"

"This is Soren we're talking about, he's often acting strange. Though... when we were younger when it's just the two of us alone he used to get all shy and nervous around me, though when we got older he kind of stopped being so shy around me for a bit."

"Has he tried... kissing you? At some point?"

Enya gagged. "Eww no! He's never tried to kiss me! One time when we were about twelve someone dared him to but he ran off screaming he couldn't do it." Enya then frowned and looked at Corvus. "What are you even trying to say Corvus?"

"Well I'm trying to state the obvious." The huntsman replied and stopped to look at her. "I think your little Crownguard friend is in love with you, it's kind of a bit obvious."

"Soren? In love with me?" Enya asked and gave a small scoff. "Th-that's ridiculous, why would he be in love with me of all people?"

"Well why not? You've got a great personality, you're also good looking, you've got an honest job, you're a really sweet girl, anyone would be happy to date you!" Corvus explained. "How could you not see that the guy is head over heels for you?"

Enya thought back to all those times Soren did something for her. Like trying to protect her at a festival, finding her Amaya to give to her as a birthday present, trying so hard to apologize to her when he hurt her feelings, going out of his way to help her find her father when he went missing, carrying her back to her room when she fell asleep out in Lujanne's garden or when she fainted after hearing her brothers and father were dead and then to that one morning when he stood outside the room she was sharing with her brothers and their friends with flowers in his hands. And then to last night when he pulled her to the side to protect her from the dragon's fire and cutting her free so she could help Corvus save the town. Did he do that for her because she was his friend? Or was there more to that?