Through The Moon (Part 1)

A/N: I mentioned in my MB last month that I commissioned an artist to do a Soren and Enya drawing and here it is! Big thank you to the lovely and amazing horns.n.jams on Instagram (and they are HornsDa on here) for letting these dorks drawn together and being wholesome in your cute style!)

Now onto the story!

---

"Hey, wake up~"

Enya gave a weary groan as she lifted her head from the pillow to look over at Soren, who was already dressed and giving her a loving smile. "Too tired, just a few more minutes." She mumbles, head falling back on the pillow. "I stayed up almost all night working, I'm sleeping in."

"Well Ezran says you can't." Soren says and she feels him gently prod her cheek. "We've got a job to do."

"Tell my brother I need my sleep, I'll sew up his cape or whatever needs fixing later."

Before Soren could even respond, there was a loud knock at their door. Enya groans and buries her face into her pillow. Right now she was really tired and didn't have the energy to deal with anyone, even if it was Soren or any of their friends, especially since she had spent nearly the entire night and some of the early hours of the morning trying to finish up a dress someone had requested. At least until her husband had to coax her into getting some rest, promising to let her sleep until noon if she stopped.

"She's too tired to do anything right now, is it okay if she just stays home to rest?" She hears Soren say to whoever is outside of the door.

"Oh, well that's fine. Ez wanted her to come so she could at least check on her dad to make sure he's well recovered." Was that Callum outside? "And he's coming with us so we could return Phoe-Phoe's feather to Lujanne, so just having you and Rayla as a guard will be fine-"

"Absolutely not!" Enya suddenly yells, immediately sitting up.

"Oh look she's awake!" Soren laughs as she immediately climbs out of the bed. "Aww and you've got some bed head too, doesn't she look cute Callum?"

"Uh...I guess." The young prince responds as his sister storms over to the door. "So I'm guessing you're coming?"

"If it was just you and Rayla going I wouldn't mind, but Ezran?! He has his duties to do!" Enya says, running a hand through her messy hair to at least try to fix it.

"He said he left Opeli a message explaining what we're doing, it'll be fine." Callum assures her. "And it'll only be for a few days, just less than a week at the most. We'll just head to Cape Caldera, leave the feather with Lujanne, you can say hi to your dad and check on him, and then we go home. No little sidetracking journeys this time."

"You said that nearly a month ago when we were coming home from Xadia, and we spent an entire two weeks going to every village and town in the kingdom to spread the news of our peace with the elves and dragons!"

"It'll be fine Enya, think of this as a break for all of us. It's been a month and we need a bit of a break from all what's been going at the castle." Soren points out. "Plus we do have to tell your dad of what's happened between us, and you of all people need a break from all this work. You're barely getting any sleep at all from staying up till the morning fixing clothes, curtains and things for other people."

As much as she didn't want to admit it, Soren was right. Of all the people who were unaware of their new relationship, her father had to at least know about it, and it had to come from her with a lengthy explanation. And she had been putting off sleeping the normal amount of hours she was supposed to be getting from the overwhelming amount of clothes and other items people had been sending her to have patched up, it was especially harder now without her father to help. She'd been contemplating on hiring someone to help until her father recovered enough to return home, but she couldn't trust herself in choosing someone to help if she was too tired to even make a proper choice.