Through The Moon (Part 3)

"Okay, are you ready?"

Enya nods nervously as she grips Soren's hand tightly as they stand in front of the door of the town's hospital. It had been a nerve wracking two hour walk back to the village with Amaya and trying to locate her father had been a little harder than expected. Soren was the one to suggest they try the hospital and ask the nurse there who had tended to Damian and gave Enya the hunting knife would be of any help. Soren gives a hard knock and stands back as the door opens, revealing a man wearing a hospital uniform.

"Can I help you?" He asks politely, eyeing Amaya warily. "We don't allow dogs into the hospital, and the vet-"

"We're actually looking for someone!" Enya says quickly. "I was here a month ago with my father and left him here so he could be tended to while I left to do something important. He's thirty-ish looking, dark hair, blue eyes with some freckles, slightly taller than me, and goes by the name Damian."

"Damian...Damian...I think I've seen him before." The man says and rubbed his chin in thought before snapping his fingers. "Oh I remember him! He patched up some of our blankets during his stay here, he's staying with one of the village's families."

"Do you know which one?" Enya asks hopefully and the man nods.

"They live several houses away to the right, if you see a large three legged wolf playing in the yard that's the place."

"Ellis! I asked her to keep an eye on my dad and Amaya while we were gone!" Enya gasps and grabs Soren's arm to give it an excited shake. "Come on let's go! Oh thank you for your help!"

The three ran in the direction they were pointed to until they found the house. Ava was outside scampering around as Ellis and several older children were running around screaming joyfully as the large wolf was chasing them. Amaya gave an excited bark and dashed forward to tackle one of the children, a young girl, and licked her face happily.

"Bad dog! Off now!" Soren scolds as he rushed forward to grab the dog by her collar and pulled her off the child.

"Ellis! Oh gosh I am so sorry!" Enya gasped when she realized who it was Amaya knocked over and bent over to help her up. "She's normally a little more behaved than this!"

"Enya! You came back!" Ellis cheers as she lets the older girl help her off the ground and hugs her. "Are Callum, Ezran and Rayla here too? Why's the blonde armor guy here?"

"They're visiting Lujanne right now, and Soren is on our side." Enya explains as Ava scampers over to give her hand a lick before sniffing Amaya's head. "Listen, is my dad here? Someone at the hospital said he was staying over with your family."

"Oh yes! I convinced my parents to let him stay with us until you came back, he's inside right now, come on!"

They let Ellis lead them back to the house, Amaya staying behind to play with Ava and the other children before they were let inside. Damian was seated by the fireplace sewing something before Ellis ran over and tugged on the sleeve of his shirt to get his attention.

"Enya!" Damian exclaims when he turns to see his daughter.

"Dad!" Enya cries as she rushes forward when her father immediately stands up and tackles him in a hug. "I'm so sorry for not coming to get you right away!"

"It's alright mo stoirín, it's alright, I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon."

Enya crushes her father in another hug again before releasing him. "Oh ancients dad, you really missed out on an amazing journey! I got to actually go to Xadia with Soren, we fought in a war, we got to even fight this crazy army of -"