⚔️9⚔️

HEY YOU LITTLE BUGGERS DID YA MISS ME 😁😁 HAVE ANOTHER CHAPTER

⚔️⚔️⚔️

"The lodge should be close by now." Enya muttered as she pulled Smoke's reigns to stop her from walking forward. "I think."

The woods around her didn't look the slightest bit familiar, though the last time she ever went into the woods surrounding the lodge was in the winter and everything looked different covered in snow. Amaya whined from the ground, walking forward to sniff a nearby tree before retreating back to Enya and Smoke.

'Maybe I should have just taken the regular path to the lodge, would have made things easier. But then again it would have been difficult to explain to Soren and Claudia why I am even at the lodge in the first place.' Enya thought to herself as she flicked the reins to urge her horse forward. She'd been traveling for a few hours, and her rear was already starting to feel sore from sitting in the saddle for so long. 'Maybe we should all take a break right now, that should help.'

Spotting a nearby stream, Enya dismounted Smoke to lead her to it to allow her to drink. Amaya eagerly ran to the edge of the water and lapped up some water while Enya sat down under a tree to rest. Her eyes began to lower as she felt herself relax. It wouldn't be so bad now to take a quick nap, right? A nap sounded pretty good...

Enya opened her eyes to find herself laying under a pile of furs in what looked like a cabin. But not just any cabin, this was...her childhood home. She heard someone softly humming and turned to find her father at their small table sewing something.

"Dad..." She called before hearing a crack and turned to find her grandfather seated in his old rocking chair, busy polishing his favorite hunting knife. "Wait...am I dead?"

"This ain't the afterlife little chipmunk, so you're definitely not dead." Her grandfather said with a soft chuckle. "If it was, would your father and friends be here?"

Enya blinked and gave a gasp when she found her friends standing or sitting around the room. Ezran was playing with Bait and Amaya by the fireplace, Callum seated next to her father drawing something, Claudia seated near the fireplace reading that one book she had been obsessed with for weeks, and Soren was seated near her grandfather with a book in one hand and an apple in another.

"Okay...I'm definitely dreaming then." Enya muttered to herself as Soren got up from his chair and walked over to her to sit next to her on the fur blankets.

"Such a nice dream isn't it?" A voiced asked. Enya felt herself stiffen at that voice. It sounded a lot like Viren's voice, but with an edge and malice behind it. "All your loved ones in one place, in your childhood home, all happy. Such a shame if something terrible was to ruin this."

When Enya blinked, the warmth in the room was gone, and so was the light. Something disgusting made its way into her nostrils, something familiar that haunted her as a child, something... decaying. The smell was so strong like it was close, and when Enya turned to the direction in which she could smell it, she let out a scream of terror and gave another scream when she looked to the other occupants of the room.

All of them were slumped over on the floor or in their chairs. Their skin had turned a putrid yellow color, the same color her mother's skin had turned when she had died from that dreaded disease. Enya scrambled to her feet as she tried to move away from the bodies, feeling the bile building up in her throat.

"This is what happens when you interfere, little tailor." The voice whispered as the room grew colder. "The people you love get hurt when you interfere..."