⚔️3⚔️

Two years later

"Dad could you lend me some money?"

Damian looked up frown his sewing to find his daughter with a pleading look in her eyes.

"Enya, you know we reserve the majority of the money we get to buy those good bolts of cloth in the market, and buttons, needles, thread, scissors as well!"

"But Callum's birthday is coming up and I really wanna buy him something nice!" Enya said pleadingly. "Like a new sketchbook or pencils!"

Damian sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. Walking over to one of their tables he plucked a small bag of coins and dropped it in his daughter's hands.

"Just don't spend it all at once." He warned. Enya nodded eagerly and threw her arms around her father in a hug before hurrying out of the workshop.

"Claudia! I'm ready!" Enya yelled as she raced to the stables where her friend was waiting with two horses saddled.

"Oh good!" Claudia exclaimed as Enya walked in. "You made it!"

"Of course! I just had my dad to lend me some money so I could buy Callum something for his birthday!" Enya said as she walked over to one of the horses. "Uh...which one do I ride?"

"The grey one, I always ride the dark ones."

"You're only eleven and every day you dress like you're attending a funeral."

"Hey dark mage in training, gotta keep up with the image. Maybe I'll add a little color to my stuff when I feel like it."

"I bet you cannot go one day without wearing a stitch of black." Enya challenged as she climbed onto her horse. "Like you wear...a bright yellow or blue dress!"

"Ugh, yellow is waaaaaay too bright!" Claudia gagged before hopping onto her own horse. "A light teal maybe, or a nice purple or red, but definitely NOT yellow."

"I be your brother would get a kick out of it if you wore yellow for one day." Enya snorted. "Remember that day I wore a fancy dress for one day with my hair done nicely for a festival?"

"Yeah he could barely recognize you!" Claudia laughed as they urged their horses to walk out of the stable. "And I still can't believe you were the one who made that dress yourself too! Man if you sew that good, I cannot wait to see what sort of dress you'd design for yourself for your coming of age party in three years, and your wedding too!"

"Whoa let's not get ahead of ourselves!" Enya said stopping her horse. "My coming of age party, that I can see, but my own wedding? Who'd marry me?"

"I don't know, maybe another tailor or another craftsman who appreciates your talents." Claudia said with a shrug and nudged her horse to keep walking. "Who knows, you're pretty and nice. I'm sure you'll find someone who'll like you and want to raise a family with you."

The two soon rode out of the castle and rode down into the town. In the village, Enya checked each vendor stall to see what she could buy for Callum. She found sketchbooks, but a lot of them were too small and she knew how much he loved to use large parchments of paper to doodle. She did find some good pencils and a small wooden box with decorative carvings to put them in, which she bought.

"I still have money left over, maybe I should look for some good cloth?" Enya said to Claudia as they approached the cloth stall.

"Mmm, not enough." Claudia said gesturing to Enya's small leather bag with the coins. "Unless you're planning to buy enough to make Bait a dress."

"Eh, good point." Enya looked around at the stalls before she spotted one selling yarn. "Wait, I know what to get!"

"Wait what- whoa!" Claudia yelled as Enya pulled her over to the yarn stall and began looking through the colorful balls of yarn.

"A nice bright red and...maybe a blue or yellow..." Enya mumbled to herself before she found the two colored balls she needed and waved over the vendor. "How much for these balls of yarn and a set of hood knitting needles?" The vendor told her and she happily handed over the money she needed to purchase the three items.

"Why do you need yarn?" Claudia asked as Enya pulled her back to their horses. "You are a tailor, not a knitter!"

"Who says I can't be both?" Enya questioned. "Now, let's get back so I can get started on this present!"

⚔️⚔️⚔️

"...happy birthday to yoooou!" Callum's friends and family sag as he blew out the small candles on his cake and they all cheered.

"So what did you wish for?" Enya asked him as her father took to cake to cut pieces out for the guests.

"I thought I wasn't supposed to tell anyone?" Callum asked in surprise and noticed Enya holding something behind her back. "What's that?"

"Oh, something to wear when you and Ez go to the winter lodge in a few months." Enya replied casually. "And something else as well so Bait won't be eating your pencils when you're not looking."

"Can we open presents right now?" Callum asked Harrow as he handed him a large slice of cake.

"Already?" The king asked in reply and the young prince nodded.

"I really wanna see what Enya got me!"

"Oh alright, you can open her gift first then."

With a cheer, Callum eagerly accepted the small box Enya handed him and lifted the top.

"Drawing pencils! And a box for them!" He cheered and placed his present on the table to hug Enya. "You're the best Enya!"

"Take the pencils out and see what else is inside." Enya chuckled as Callum did as he was told. Removing the pencils, but keeping them away from Bait, he pulled out a long bright red scarf with soft yellow designs on one side that looked similar to the pattern on the carpets.

"Oh no wonder you said I could use it in the lodge!" Callum laughed as he wrapped the scarf around his little neck. "It's so warm!"

"Made it a few days ago, just in time to hand it to you for your birthday. Try not to tear it."

"I wanna scarf for my birthday too!" Ez giggled from his seat. "In Bait's colors!"

Enya laughed. "So a scarf that turns every color Bait tuns to depending on his mood?"

"Nah, just blue and yellow."

"I think you may need magic to make that possible." Damian chuckled and ruffled his daughter's hair gently. "But maybe one day she'll figure out how to do that!"

"Oh that will happen, when Bait grows a set of dragon wings and tries to fly." Enya joked.