⚔️4⚔️

Three Years Later

"Oww! Dad be careful!" Enya yelped as she tried to jerk away from her father.

"I'm sorry Enya, but you know you can't move while I'm trying to attach the pieces of the cloth so we can sew them together." Damian apologized and his daughter grumbled something unintelligible. "Oh calm down, just a few more minutes and you can step out of the dress."

"Good because I really have to use the bathroom and my feet are hurting." Enya groaned before straightening herself again. There was a loud knock from the door of their workshop, but Damian just ignored it. "Dad, aren't you going to answer it?"

"Later, I've got to focus."

The door knocked again, this time a bit louder.

"Dad."

"Later Enya, tell them to leave."

"It's probably the king or lord Viren."

With a sigh, her father stopped his sewing to look over his shoulder to yell "it's open!" over his shoulder before turning back to his work. Enya watch the door open before the person outside poked their head into the room.

"Soren? What are you doing in here?" Enya asked in surprise as the young guard stepped into the room. "Wait, don't tell me, your training shirt got torn when sparring again?"

"Huh? Oh no! No that's not it!" Soren said quickly and held up a small bundle he held in his hands. "Claudia accidentally blasted my clothes with her dark magic and...it caused the shirt to come apart."

"One of these days that sister of yours is going to end up hurting herself with that magic, I swear. Damian muttered as he abandoned his work to take the bundle from Soren. "Let me take a look at the mess and I'll see what I can salvage. If it's a lost cause, I'll sew you a new shirt. Go sit on that stool next to Enya."

"Thank you sir." Soren said with a nod and went to sit.

"Can I sit dad? Please?" Enya begged.

"Go ahead, I'm going to be busy for a while."

With a sigh of relief, Enya climbed down from the stool to sit down and rubbed her aching legs.

"So...what's the occasion?" Soren asked gesturing to her dress. "Or is that for someone who's the same size as you?"

"It's her coming of age dress she gets to wear for her sixteenth birthday!" Damian yelled from his worktable. "She's going to be a woman soon!"

"Dad!" Enya groaned and Soren laughed before she silenced him with a look.

"So do you know what you want for your birthday this year?" Soren asked her. "Claudia has been going crazy trying to find the right gift for you. Like she keeps dragging me to the market and going through jewelry she thinks you'd like, though I think she wants to get you this really nice looking knife."

"I don't use knives, my dad won't let me." Enya points out in a low voice. "My dad won't even let me learn how to wield a sword or any kind of weapon, saying I don't need to know how to fight."

"Okay but what if someone tried to hurt you, like some drunk at a festival?" Soren asked, recalling how last year some drunk man had grabbed Enya by the arm. He would have struck the man down himself, but Claudia had beat him to it and set the man's pants on fire to allow Enya to escape. Of course afterwards he got to drag the man off and punch him when he tried attacking an unsuspecting Claudia.

"After that incident? I don't think anyone will want to hurt or mess with me. Also, you're forgetting I managed to knock you over with one blow to the head when we were kids."