⚔️ 6⚔️

“So you haven't told the boys about their father?” Enya asked Rayla as they were walking through the gardens later that evening.

“I'm going to tonight, at least Callum so he could listen to me. I don't know if I have the heart to tell Ezran myself.” Rayla admitted and looked to Enya. “Can you at least help me? It'd sound a lot better coming from you.”

“Of course, once you tell Callum he and I could tell Ezran ourselves, just leave the talking to me.” Enya said with a smile and gave a yawn. “I think I'm going to head to bed right now, make sure Ezran, Bait and Zym are alright. I don't want a repeat of what happened earlier today.”

“I'm sure after today Soren is not getting anywhere near you, especially after the rope incident.” Rayla laughed. “Well get to bed, we are leavin’ tomorrow and I want us to get a good head start. Are you sure about comin’ with us and leavin’ you know who down in the village?”

“They'll be fine.” Enya assured her before lowering her voice. “Also I did promise Gren I'd stay with the princes, never let them out of my sight and do whatever I can to protect them.”

“Then it won't be so bad to have another member in our little party, should be quite fun. I'll see you in morning.” Rayla said giving Enya a small wave.

“Happy patrolling Rayla.” Enya chuckled as she set off to walk back to the rooms.

She found both Ezran and Ellis asleep, and all three of the animals were asleep as well and curled up close to their respective owners. Well, save for Zym, who's little fluffy head shot up at the sound of Enya shutting the door behind her. The little dragon gave an excited yip and leapt off the bed to scurry over to the human and placed his little paws on her knees.

“Geez you really are like my dog when she was a puppy.” Enya chuckled softly as she picked him up and placed him back on the bed. “Come on, go to sleep now. We have a long journey ahead of us, so hopefully by the end of the week we'll have you back to your mother in no time and stop this war.”

Zym barked and curled up on one of the pillows, but then started to whine when he saw Enya take a seat on the chair by the window instead of laying down on the bed with him and Ezran. His whining must have awaken Bait because the glow toad opened one eye and grunted before opening his other eyes and crawled out of Ezran's arms to hop off the bed.

“Aww, you've missed me too much haven't you.” Enya cooed as she bent down to carefully pick up the heavy creature and lay him on her lap. “Alright, we can sleep now because we have a journey to continue tomorrow.” Bait gave a small croak before curling up on her lap and began to snore a bit.

Enya smiled to herself as she settled down in the chair, keeping her eyes on the door. She wasn't sure what time it was, but it was quite late and Callum hadn't returned from his “date” with Claudia, and she was beginning to wonder if she should go check on them to make sure nothing happened. After the incident today Enya didn't want to leave either of the princes alone with either of Viren's children, but Claudia didn't seem eager to do harm to them. In fact, she had seemed very angry at her brother earlier at breakfast when he flat out lied to the boys by telling them their father was alive and waiting for them back in Katolis.

Enya's thoughts were interrupted by Zym, who was still wide awake but he was staring at the door. Enya was beginning to drift off when she heard the door open and saw Callum and Rayla slip into the room, both clearly looking upset.