Chapter 11

Keith's eyes darted around his lounge, trying to figure out what it is he could do. Unfortunately there was - and never has been - anything interesting to do is his living room.

Well, maybe there was - sometimes. But right now he was in one of those moods where nothing appealed to him and no matter what he did he would be perpetually bored.

  Yeah, probably that.

  Unless... well he could text someone, and he had been meaning to check up on Lance. Two birds with one stone right? Yeah, they could meet up, get something to eat, anything really.

  He grabbed his phone and hopped into the car, waiting for the familiar tone of the phone calling. It came and went, "Lance speaking," Lance's voice said, his tone amused, and another voice laughing in the background.

  "Uh, it's Keith."

  "Yep. The phone tells me who's calling."

  "Ah."

  Silence.

  "So, I was just thinking that, well, I'm bored. So I was wondering if you were free and want to grab something to eat and hang out or something." Good, Keith smiled inwardly. He didn't sound too needy or too hopeful.

  "Well," Lance said smugly. "Actually, I can't. You see, I'm on a date with a really great girl." Again, the voice in the background laughed.

  Keith already hated her.

  "So yeah, I'm busy."

  "Ok, I guess I'll call Shiro or something," Keith said, but Lance had already hung up.

   His hands inadvertently curled into fists. Keith glanced down and flattened them. Yeah, Lance definitely deserved a date. And he said she was a great girl. He knew it. He knew Lance was straight.

  Not that it mattered.

  But that hadn't given Lance any right to act that way. No. So yes, Keith had any right to be mad. And hurt. But if he was hurt it was just because Keith had been nice to Lance after so much had happened to him. Lance didn't have any right to treat him this way.

  Okay, now he was repeating himself. Great.

  Shiro picked up right away, which Keith appreciated, "Hey Shiro, we should hang out. Besides, I think we should talk."

  "Sure," Shiro's response was cautious, but he sounded relieved. Why would he...? Oh, right. Keith had entirely forgotten about their 'fight'. It was history now. Keith's only real remaining problem was Lance.

  "Meet you at that coffee shop down the road."

  They hung up, leaving Keith to grab his coat and slip on his shoes. There was no point driving, seeing as the coffee shop was so close, so he grabbed his phone and walked out of the door, ignoring his keys.

  Wait- maybe not a great idea. He rushed toward his door, trying to slip inside before it could close.

  Aaaaaand- too late. The door automatically locked before he could get in. Just his luck.

  He sank to the ground, his back leaning against the door as he pulled out his phone.

  'Shiro,' He texted, 'Change of plan. Meet at my house.'

  Shiro arrived about three minutes later. He sighed, "Alright Keith, what have you done now?" His tone was disapproving, but he couldn't keep the smile off his face. 

  "Well," Keith began. "I kind of locked myself out of the house. I think I left my bedroom window open, but it leads onto the roof. Second story and all that."

  "So why am I here?"

  "A boost of course."

  Shiro said nothing, only venturing over to the lowest point of the roof and lacing his hands together. "Hurry it up, then."

  Keith put his foot in the nook Shiro had made with his hands, springing up and flying through the air. He caught hold of the edge and pulled himself up, slipping through the window.

  He went back through the house and swiped his keys from the bench, opening the door. "Got the keys!" Keith called triumphantly, brandishing his keys like a trophy. "Let's go!"

  They began to walk in silence. It was almost deafening. 

  "So," Shiro said. "What did you want to talk to me about?"

  "How did you know I didn't just want to hang out with you."

  Shiro fixed him with a look. A look that said, come on, Keith. I know you better.

  "Yeah, ok." Keith conceded, holding the door open for Shiro. There is something."

  "Over here." Shiro led Keith over to a table, Adam already seated and waiting. "I forgot to mention - Adam is coming. Uh, surprise!"

  "Okay, well this is actually better. Maybe." Keith said, sliding into one of the seats. "I really need to get this off my chest."

  Adam and Shiro exchanged a look

  "So you must know by now that Allura has a soulmate - Lance."

  Another look.

 "Well, earlier today Allura broke the news to Lance that she's not..."

  "...and I was super nice to him all day, and I called him to see if he wanted to hang out, maybe check up on how he was feeling. He was just so cold. And he was rude and he just sounded so smug when he told me he was on a date."

  "Keith," Adam laughed. "It sounds like you have a crush."

  Keith laughed, "Uh, no. You haven't met Lance."

  Adam shrugged, "From the way you speak of him, well, I ship it."

  Shiro smiled softly, looking into his boyfriend's eyes, "You're so sweet."

  Adam smiled back, leaning in.

  Keith looked away, clearing his throat, "I think I'll order now."

  Shiro and Adam broke away, laughing.

  Keith had no idea why he had acted so awkward around them kissing. He had seen them kiss before, in fact he shipped them extremely hard, and he often worshipped their relationship, setting up dates for them.

  This was weird. What had changed?

  "So," Adam wandered up to Keith, resting an arm on his shoulder companionably. "Watcha ordering?"

  "I was thinking just some tea or something." Keith replied.

  "Mm, Shiro and I were thinking the same."

  Keith nodded, "I'll order for you guys, you go back and hang out with Shiro."

  "Ok." Adam replied with a smile, wandering back. "I ship it!" He called over his shoulder with a huge shit eating grin on his face.

  "Whatever!" Keith replied, glancing back to where Shiro and Adam were now holding hands under the table and smiling softly at each other. It made Keith wonder how Lance's date was going...

  A//N Chapter 11 boiiiii
An update almost everyday—peasants you best fear me

 So yeah idk what motivated me but something did so yeah you're welcome I guess?? Or maybe the opposite since you feel the need to read my terrible writing now ahah but whatever