Chapter 15

Keith was mid-chew when he realised it.

  Well, sort of.  In truth, he's realised it over time, and he had attempted to stop his fall - or at least slow it.

  Alas, that sort of thing didn't exactly work when it comes to falling for Lance. Fuck emotions, honestly.

  He reckoned it must have started with Lance's hands. God his hands. They were elegant and slim and a warm brown colour and - well. They were nice. He could imagine holding hands with hands like those.

  "Keith, what's the matter my dude?" Lance asked, stealing the last piece of cake from the platter. Keith let him.

  He smiled weakly, "Oh, nothing. I'm just— not feeling great is all."

  "Aw man," Lance said. "I can drive you home if you want—"

  Keith shook his head quickly, "No, I'll need my car in the morning." He grabbed his phone and ran to his car.

  As soon as he reached its safety his laid his head in the wheel for a moment, before starting the ignition.

  He laid his head on the pillow and closed his eyes, thinking. He could stop it entirely—his descent into feelings for Lance, that is.

  After all, Lance was straight, and obnoxious, and— no. He couldn't— no he wouldn't accept this.

  But maybe he should give Lance a break - after all, Lance wasn't all bad.

  Oh shit, Keith groaned into his pillow. He was so screwed. There was no way that he would be able to halt these feelings for that long.

  Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.

  There was no way Lance fall for him, because that boi— is straight. Oh shiiiiit...

No— no he could do this. He just had to have the willpower. He had a say in this. His mind.

  Sure, you usually don't have a say in who you like, you can never control any aspects of you life if we're honest - we think we do, but we don't.

  But Keith could wrest control from whatever power or butterfly affect that controlled his life. If he could do that, then he would be a vengeful god.

  But he had to achieve the impossible before that would happen.

  What if he just got rid of all emotions.

  Now "Keith," you might ask, "all of your emotions?"

  All of them.

  And he knew how to do that. It was easy - distract yourself until you're numb to the problem.

  So he picked up a book, and he read.

  It was Harry Potter, which was good, because after calling in sick the next da, he churned out the first three books - hey, he loved Harry Potter, and he didn't exactly have anything else to do.

  So that's how his week went - go to work and avoid Lance, then go home and read Harry Potter until 1am. The routine worked.

  Alas, after two weeks, he finished reading the series, and he had to be fast. Fast, fast, fast.

Cmon, he was running on caffeine at the moment, and if he let his mind wander... fast, fast, fast.

He could drink - some alcohol might do him good, take his mind off it— no. No, he couldn't. Something else. Find something else.

Keith glanced around and his gaze landed on his collection of Harry Potter movies. Ah, yes! The movies!

After all, it was Friday night!

Keith giggled suddenly and gazed into space.

He shook his head and refocused his eyes before sliding the DVD into the slot. After the movies, he would read the screenplays of the Cursed Child, and the two Fantastic Beasts. Then he would watch the movies of the two.

Yep, yep, yep.

So Keith settled down for a movie.

He was in the credits of the fourth one when his phone rang. He was tempted not to answer, it he was in the credits anyway. He could do with a break.

He accepted the call without really looking at the caller ID, but as soon as he heard the voice in the other end, he froze.

"Hey, Keith Buddy, I haven't seen you all week! Man you must've been really sick, am I right? Dude I can come over to yours, I've got cake!"

Keith unfroze after a moment, drawing in a deep breath. He could be strong. He could fucking fight this GODDAMNIT BARB.

"Yeah, sure. We could watch a movie," Keith said he's hesitantly, "I already finished Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, and Goblet of Fire so if you're down with watching the rest then go ahead."

"Damn," Lance said, "I would never have pegged you for a total Harry Potter nerd. Tokyo Ghoul maybe."

"Yeah, Tokyo Ghoul is good too, I mean."

"Bye, Keith. See you in five."

As soon as Lance left Keith swallowed hard and took a deep breath. Fuck this. Fuck life, he could do this.

He made some popcorn to bust his mind. He barely noticed Lance. He certainly didn't notice Lance leaning on the counter behind him.

He had no business looking that good.

Lance was wearing a freaking button down shirt. And he had rolled it up so his forearms were exposed. Lance, what the fuck? Why? Please stop? Wait no, don't stop.

Oh god he was so failing.

"Tell me, Keith," Lance said, "Are you aware of a show that is key to my survival?"

"Uh, what?"

Lance rolled his eyes, alas he couldn't help but smile, "Doctor Who. Obviously."

Keith raised his eyebrows, "Oh. Oh, okay, I guess I thought of you as more of an anime kind of dude."

"And I guess I thought of you as more of a straight dude, but here you are, sucking a guy's dick."

Keith grinned, "Oh man."

Lance raised his eyebrows, "What?"

"Oh man, you know I'm gay, right?"

"You— you're gay?"

"The gayest gay ever to gay."

Lance blinked, "Oh. Oh, okay. Sorry for being a dick, man. Should we— uh, should we go watch the movie?"

Keith shrugged, "I've been waiting, so I mean..."

Lance grinned and vaulted into the living room - seriously, he jumped over all the sofas - he stole the best seat.

"I haven't watched or read Harry Potter in ages!"

They finished the popcorn within five minutes, and Keith volunteered to go make some more.

He needed some space away, anyway.

Because his whole plan for removing emotions so he wouldn't like Lance? It wasn't working. It would never work.

Fuck life, if he'd gotten a soulmate this would be so much easier. Probably.

So they finished the movie, and Lance had a kind of shine to his eyes. He sighed, turning to Keith, "I forgot how much I like Harry Potter, so thanks a lot."

Keith smiled, "I have a brilliant idea. Let's see what your house is! And of course your wand, patronus, and Ilvermorny house! It's great! I'll go get my laptop and we can make you a Pottermore account."

Please tell me what you think Lance's patronus, Hogwarts house, wand etc should be. I do take your advice when it's given and it's totally appreciated!

I await eagerly for season 8! And heads up that whole quote about "this boi— is straight" is a quote from my dude troutshark23