Beautiful

Josh's P.O.V

I smelt this amazing smell when I walked into school. It was like vanilla and roses. Knowing what this meant I searched every girl and every face. Today I was going to find my mate and she would be wonderful. As I got further down the corridor the stronger it got. I looked over at Trish and I was happy when my wolf just growled at her. Trish and I had a weird relationship. Currently we weren't dating so the Moon Goddesses picked the right time. Find mate, quickly, my wolf Brandon howled at me. I kept on walking down the hall until I came across the one and only. Jess Newton. The beautiful Jess. I'd been attracted to her even before I found out she was my mate. She suddenly looked up at me and our eyes locked. Mate! Brandon screamed in my head. The next act surprised me. She ran. I was so shocked all I could do was run after her. I caught up to her just as she was about to go into the women's bathroom. I grabbed her arm and she came to a halt. We stood there for a while until she looked up at me with her big brown eyes. I was so shocked by her beauty that she managed to slip away from me. My wolf howled at me to follow but not even I would walk into the girls bathroom. I sank to the ground next to a locker. This was probably worse then rejection because the mate bond was still there. I watched as about a minute later her friend Chery walked in. Then followed by Trish, Marcie and a girl I'd never seen before. It was just about to wreck havoc. I used my werewolf hearing and noticed raised voices. I'm pretty sure Jess' friend Jordan heard too because next thing you know she goes bounding in. Her mate Jamie came and sat next to me. He was in my football team so I knew him quite well. He patted me on the back.

"You ok dude?" He asked solemnly.

"I'm pretty sure she's going to reject me." I mumbled into my hands. I truly believed that was going to happen. Only a few seconds later I heard a lowed growl and Trish's friend ran out looking absolutely terrified. This made Jamie smile so I guess it was his mate. We sat there in silence and he kept running his fingers through his long blonde hair. He obviously felt discomfort in his mate. I kept on thinking what would make her feel like this about me. I realised I had never been really nice to her in the years I knew her. I used to tease her often because I thought it was funny. I would then laugh when she burst into tears. I just realised how dicky I was. I thought she was faking, never discomforted. It was a small town so I'd been to primary through to now with her. Then last night when she broke my nose. I'd gone to her braking point and I'd gotten the consequences. I groaned as I realised I'd be lucky if she did reject me. The door to the bathroom swung open with a loud bang as Trish and Marcie bounded out. Trish's face was red with fury. Then another bang and out ran my mate going at top speed towards the car park. I was about to follow her when a strong hand pushed me back to the ground. I looked up to see Jordan staring down at me.

"Don't follow her." She said in her Alpha tone. Even though I was a soon to be Alpha as well it still sounded very intimidating. I just didn't want to leave her alone. I wanted her to be mine and only mine. But I don't know if that was going to happen.