Chapter 4

Marcus P.O.V

Every morning I got up to the emptiness in my heart. I am an Alpha of one of the strongest packs in America. I am physically strong but emotionally a wreck. It has been 12 years since I accepted the Alpha post after my dad retired from it. Since then I was in search of my mate, it is said that the Alpha is incomplete without his Luna.
"Where are you?" I muttered. I sat up on the bed and looked out of the window. I had a meeting with an neighbouring Alpha today.

Since the last 4 years Alphas around the world kept declaring  wars because they thought my pack would be weak without their Luna. But I proved everyone wrong. I showed them their place and made stronger alliances.

My thoughts were interrupted when the beta of my pack, Jason mind linked me -"Good morning Alpha. The border security force just informed me that they spotted your sister with her mate and two others."

"Jason , you know Stella is in London and she will be arriving later in the evening."  I replied back through the link.

"No Alpha. I meant your other sister Jessica."
These words made me freeze.
Jessica? I hadn't heard from her in the last 8 years.
She had found her mate in our pack itself. Arnold he was my best friend and Beta. My pack had two beta's Jason and Arnold. The three of us were friends since we were toddlers.  Jessica had decided to leave the pack as she wanted to be a doctor. I had no problem till she wanted to study, but she decided on serving and helping others with her service. Of course I had an objection with this idea. Women of our pack do not work. They are our pillars but they stay home and take care of the rest.
She kept insisting which made me offer her the post of  our pack doctor. But she declined it. She wanted to serve the human world. I didn't like her thoughts. We argued for days, our once amazing sibling bond broke when she decided to leave. Arnold being her mate left with her.
I could have banished her but I didn't. I didn't want to make her a rogue as that would kill her.
8 years later she decides to visit us. There must be some reason.
I took my mobile and immediately sent a text to the number to which I did not connect since the last 8 years.
My text read something like this -
I heard you are trespassing. What is the reason of your visit Jessica? We can talk like mature people if you come visit the pack house along with that mate of yours.

I know this message would have affected her. She always feared her elder brother. And lately she must have heard about her reckless and merciless brother's doing.
Words spread like fire in the wolf world.
———————————————————————————
I waited in my office for the two to arrive. They must have had the guts to return and that too with humans in a wild region.
I heard a knock at the door.
"Come in" I said .
My mother walked in. She was as young as ever but she lost the shine she had in eyes a year back after my father died. That's how a mate's bond is. When one loses his/her mate they lose a part of them and slowly they become emotionally weak and eventually die.  But she stood strong. She knew she needed to be there for her lonely son and daughter.
Yes Stella turned 18, 6 years back and since then she too hadn't found her mate.
"I heard Jessica is in town "

"Mom you shouldn't be out of your bed. You had fever last night."

"Are you ignoring my question Mark?"

"Yes mother, because I don't want you to stress over it or get too excited. She will leave as soon as I know she ain't a threat."

"What do you mean she could be a threat? She is your sister Mark. You love her the most. How could you even think so low about her ?"

"Because she left us! She has stayed in the human world for long..."

I couldn't complete as Jason opened the door and in walked my sister and Arnold.
Her eyes were to the floor. Did I scare her so much? Didn't she know I loved her like crazy? I saw Arnold holding her hand tightly. I clenched my teeth seeing that sight. I so wanted a mate to hold me and calm me.
Before I could say anything mom ran to her and hugged her tightly.
Both of them cried and kissed each other's faces.
I cleared my throat and looked at Arnold.
"Purpose of visit?" I asked

"Trip with friends"

"Why here?"

"They suggested we couldn't deny" he replied in a monotonous tone.

"Why didn't you take permission?"

"I thought it was not needed as we are still part of the pack"

As I opened my mouth to ask further question. I felt a body hug me tight. Jessica ran so fast to me that I didn't realise
"I missed you" she muffled in my chest. I raised my arms to hug her but I caught a scent. The most heavenly scent ever. A mix of vanilla and the earth. I pushed her away and looked deep into her teary eyes.
"Who were you with?" With the sound of urgency in my voice she realised it was important. My mother's and Jason's eyes were already wide.

"Well hello to you too brother. Don't you think you are being a dick."  She replied haughtily.
I pressed her arm tighter. And she winced. Arnold was immediately at her side.
"Dude that's my mate there you are hurting."
He shot me an angry glance.
"She has been with my mate who I have been searching for the past 12 years. Sorry if I do not care about the mannerisms at the moment." I said this with clenched teeth.
Everyone in the room gasped. And Jessica fell on her knees.
"No it can't be" that's all she said.

"What do you mean ?" I inquired.

"The only female that I can smell of is Jordan and she is happily married."

Suddenly I felt my world came crashing down. First I didn't have a mate for 12 years and now I found a mate who is a human and married. I am not bothered about her being human as she will get converted once I mark her. There are two ways one can turn into a werewolf, one you are born one or you are turned to one by your mate.

"Why moon goddess! Why?" I muttered as I walked towards my bed room as the rest just stood there shocked.