Chapter 10

"AN"
Sorry for the late update. I was on a vacation. And now I am back, so you will find an update every week.
Marcus P.O.V
I was happy, first Jessica managed to break a few bones of Luke's with the help of Arnold and then injecting a little silver to slower the healing. I am sure the mutt wouldn't open his mouth and let out the secret because then nobody would win and of course this would ensure that my mate would stay here longer and I would get many chances to woo her.

I was already startled when I realised that our tastes are so much alike. She chose the same flavour of ice cream which I loved too. I was falling for her more and more. Maintaining a distance so that I don't scare her away was so difficult for me.

After I reached home I went for the shower straight I needed to meet the mutt before anyone else did and from today I would start my plan on making Jordan mine forever.

I had a quick shower and walked to Luke. As soon as I entered he sat up straight.
"You fucker, you did this on purpose."
I just smiled at the imbecile. But he did have the audacity to talk to an Alpha like that.
" Yes" I laughed.
"You will never have her. She is my wife."
"We will see. Not forgetting that she is my mate and a mate bond is stronger than anything."
"Then I will make her reject you." He said this gritting his teeth. I felt like punching him but I smelt her close by. She was coming to meet her husband. But as I had promised myself this mutt wouldn't be sleeping with her anymore.

I mind linked Jessica to stay with her no matter what and to take her to the library after that.
The library holds many secrets and I want to unfold these one by one.
I gave her a curt nod and walked out.

I walked to my office and I saw my old friend Arnold waiting there. Though we didn't speak much after Jess left I walked towards him and gave him a man hug. We both sat down and waited for Jason to come in and join us.

"Alpha"
"Yes Jason, did you find them?"
"Yes, here take a look this is the file on Robert Steel."
I took the file from him and I opened the it.
The first page had a image of his. A smiling bearded man with his hands crossed at his chest standing proudly in front of his mansion.
Robert Steel the Alpha of the Red moon pack was written under the photo in bold and I turned the page to see a family photo. Robert Steel, a lady and a 10 year old Luke. They were smiling at the camera like one happy family.
I was about to speak when the door of my office opened harshly..
"What the fuck!"
I saw a the tall frame of a woman. Blond and strong she was frowning at me.
"Dick" the girl said.
"You shouldn't forget that he is your Alpha Stella." Jason told her.
"Shut up Jason." She turned towards me, " I want answers what is a Steel mutt doing in the hospital wing and when did you decide on telling me that Jess is back?"
"I thought you would were coming back later tonight." I said smiling at her.
"I do not have time for pleasantries now brother"
Like brother like sister. I am the eldest of the three and Stella the youngest. Jess was the more gentle one whereas Stella was reckless and merciless like me. Sometimes I would fear her. Having not met your mate is one thing but having watched your mate die is another at the age of 16 is another.

In our world some would find their mates early and some would have to wait. We can sense our mate after our first shift. Stella's mate was our finest warrior. And her being angry is justified today as it was the Steel's army who killed him.  And knowing a Steel was in the hospital wing would annoy her. It was taking a lot to control.

"I want answers Marcus."
She taking my full name means she is annoyed beyond control.
"The mutt's wife is my mate."