Chapter 33

What does it mean when we call ourselves independent and strong?
I don't know how things changed in a blink of an eye.
One day I am Jordan Morris working with the Steel group, married to the CEO of the company for 3 years and the next moment I am a werewolf. Once I was an orphan and now I have parents who are imprisoned. If being a werewolf wasn't enough bizarre , there is also a werewolf king!
After all the betrayal and drama all I wanted was freedom but what do I have with me now ?
To get freedom from one, I need to be a prisoner of another.
But what confused me more was that I can block the powerful king from reading my mind. It bothered me how urgently he wanted to see my parents. But the question is do I want to see them too ?

Wow just great!!!
My life is some kind of a joke now.
I stretched on the bed. I wanted to understand what was happening with and around me.
The Alpha and the King left a few minutes back after a lot of bickering. I sighed and tried to remember if I could recollect anything from my childhood.

From as long as I remember I have been an orphan and bullied. I have been adopted twice. The first time i was adopted I was 4. My adoptive parents were really kind and amazing. They treated me as their own. But things went bad when my adoptive father started having an affair. The house was wrecked and within 4 years I found myself abandoned again. I was yet again adopted when I was 10.
This time I was t lucky enough. Though I am as given shelter, food and education. I was practically their maid. I had two adoptive elder sisters and their mother. The three of them abused and bullied me whenever they had nothing to do.
I still remember the day clearly when I brutally treated for the first time I was 12 and alone at home. After cooking the dinner I rested in my room when I heard jingling of the keys. I stepped out of my room to find a very drunk boy who smirked looking at me.

"Hello Jordan." I had immediately recognised him as the boyfriend of my eldest sister.

"What are you doing here Caleb?"

"Your sister has been cheating on me, so I thought I could ruin her life a bit."

"Too bad she ain't here. You can leave." I said that as strongly as I could and turned to leave before his next sentence made me freeze.

"Too bad I ain't here for her. I am here for you."

He literally pounced on me after that . I screamed in fear. He tried to kiss me and started to remove my shirt which he couldn't do as his drunk state made him weaker. But he somehow managed to tear my shirt. I screamed, cried and struggled against him. But he was strong. He tried to have his way and I tried to push him away again. Somehow I felt strong and succeeded in pushing him away. He was shocked and so was I. He was a 20 year old, well built guy and I was a unhealthy 12 year old girl. It would be next to impossible to have pushed him away. This somehow added to his excitement and he jumped on me again. But this time I was faster and quicker. I ran towards the kitchen to find something to protect me.
I pulled out a knife and pointed at him.
"Brave aren't we." He said sarcastically.
"I will stab if you step closer." I shivered in fear or with the new found strength I do not know.
He was about to come closer when the front door opened and at kitchen door stood my eldest sibling in shock.

"Jenna I screamed." I was relieved for the first time in two years when I saw her.

"Caleb what are you doing here?" Jenna asked.

"Playing with your sister, like you played with my brother recently." He said with utter hate.

Jenna looked at me from head to toe and something tells me she was concerned.

"Get out Caleb." She screamed.
He simply shrugged and looked at me.
"This ain't over kid." He said before leaving.
As soon as he left Jenna came over to me and hugged. She took to me to her bathroom where she gave me a warm bath. Things between me and Jenna improved and our relationship grew stronger. As for Caleb he kept harassing me in college for a while and then left me alone after Jenna complained to the principal. I kept in touch with Jenna even after I left for the university. She was the one who walked me down the aisle on my wedding day. I really cared for her and my niece. Jenna had married Caleb's brother when I was still in the university and 3 years after that she was blessed with a baby girl.
I soon realised it has been more than a week that I spoke to her. She must be worried and what will she do when she realises my true identity ?

I searched for a phone because she was the only person I think I can still trust.
I found Mark's phone lying on the table and immediately started to dial  her number.

"Hello?" A very cheery Jenna
"Jenna, it's me. Jordy."

"Oh my god! Where have you been? I tried calling you and visited you so many times. There is no contact of Luke either."

"Jenna.." And I started crying.

"What's the matter? Why are you crying? Where are you? Jordy!!" She sounded so anxious and panicky.
I couldn't stop myself and started to narrate my story.
I knew she wouldn't believe me but I still wanted to tell her and feel lighter. Maybe she would think that I have lost it and never contact me again but I needed her to hear me out. She was the only person I could trust now.

I started narrating the incidents and Jenna sounded all calm and she just replied with a "hmm" in the middle. I was sure that she would call me nuts but I continued narrating everything till Victor's proposal.

"I don't know what to do Jenna. I want to come back and be normal." I sniffed.

"Where are you now?" She asked in a serious tone.

"Leavenworth. You do not have to come and take me. I am fine I will manage." I tried to assure her.

"Leavenworth.. umm that is the Blue Shadow Pack and I think I know that Alpha!"