Chapter 37

I looked at myself for the last time before I left the room. I was anxious. I would finally meet my birth parents and I would be somehow free from Mark.

I heard a knock which broke my chain of thoughts. I opened the door to find Victor standing there in a tuxedo.

"You look breathtaking."  He said and kissed my forehead.
"Thanks! You look handsome as well." I blushed.
"Come on the pack and my subjects are waiting for you."
I lightly nodded my head and followed him out. He held my hand tight.

"You have nothing to worry." He smiled at me as we made it to the front yard.

It was beautifully decorated with lights. There was huge table and the entire pack was present. Some looked at me with respect while the others hate. There were some other people with uniform which I suspect were from Victors land.
My eyes fell on a very beautiful lady, she looked weak and feeble but her eyes radiated power. She was sitting and talking to another man, holding his hand in hers looking at him lovingly. They both looked weak and with that I guessed that they must be my parents.

I slowly walked to them.
"Hi." I felt awkward I didn't know what to say. They looked up at me and immediately stood up to hug me.

"You are so beautiful." My mom said.
"She has your eyes." It was my dad this time.
They hugged me tighter this time.

"We are so sorry baby. We weren't there as you grew up. Please forgive us." My mother was almost in tears as she kept chanting her sorries. I wiped her tears and hugged her again. I didn't know what to say. I just felt at peace when I hugged them. I finally had a family. People who would actually care for me.

"You are a strong woman sweetly." My father said as he tugged a strand of hair behind my ear.
"Thank you. Come on let's eat together." I guided them towards the huge dinning table that was set up.
"Yes and you can tell us all what we missed on." My mother laughed. She was beautiful. One of the most beautiful woman I laid eyes on.
She looked weak but the radiance was there. My father wasn't any less. He was tall and broad. He had a beard. It was easy to tell that he was once a handsome young man.
I finally felt complete.

"You can eat but I guess the talking can wait after we reach the palace." Victor suddenly walked in between the three of us. My mother immediately stiffened and turned towards me.

"You do not have to do this if you don't want to. I will talk to him. He will listen to me."
I was overwhelmed with joy because finally someone really cared about what I wanted.

"No mom. I want to leave with Victor and I want to try and make up for the lost time with you."

"You called me mom? Please say that again." Her eyes were brimming with tears again.
"Mom. You need to get used to it now." I smiled at her and we settled down.

We ate silently and during the dinner I realised we can eat as long as the king eats. Once the king has finished we need to stop too. It was something stupid but the people seemed to be okay with it.

Soon everyone stopped as the king stopped. Victor sat at the head of the table. He got up from the seat and walked besides me. He held his arm so that I could take it and walk with him.
He guided me to the center. Everyone stood up to respect him.

"Good evening. We know why we are gathered here today. I have finally found my mate and your future queen. I am please to introduce to you Jordan."
I heard cheers from the people who came from his kingdom while my pack they looked at me with hate. I felt guilty. But one look at parents made my heart melt immediately. They were beaming with joy and pride. I smiled at everyone.

"She is not worth it." I heard a familiar voice scream from the crowd.
"Stacey, you must respect your queen." Victor said firmly.
"No I won't. She is a cheat, a bloody bitch. She is leaving her own mate to be a queen. What does that make her?" She looked at me with so much hatred that I was forced to look at the floor.
"Then you must ask your crazy brother what he made her go through." This time it was Tom.
"I will not hear a word against my niece. Instead of blaming her ask your blood what did he do." 

Stacey slowly turned towards her brother.
"What did you do to mess your life again?"
Mark didn't say anything and left the crowd. I felt guilty again and started backing off from Victor.

"Hey it's ok. It is not your fault babe." Victor immediately turned to soothe me. But I kept shaking my head. I did not know what went wrong but I ran towards the woods and shifted into my wolf immediately. I wanted to run and think. I wanted Sara to take control over my thoughts and I wanted her to decide what she wants.