|°Chapter 2: Father and Son°|

(Adrien's POV)

News got around fast.

Every whisper, every voice. They all spoke about the same thing.

The Girl Who Killed Herself has become her name.

I don't think I can even say her name.

Marinette.

Chloè regretted everything she ever said and.done to Marinette, and apologized to the class.

Alya was depressed and started to self harm.

Nino convinced her to stop, but Nino couldn't talk to anybody except for Alya without breaking down.

Sabrina stayed silent. More than usual.

Ivan was sad and got angrier than usual.

Mylene couldn't stop crying. She silently cried all the time.

Nathaniel cried every time he drew something. He always drew Marinette, and Marinette only.I

Lila felt a little bad but didn't care.

Kim was sad and didn't care anyone anything else anymore.

Alix felt really sad and stopped skating for awhile.

Juleka couldn't look anyone in the eye anymore. Nobody has heard her speak once since she heard the news, not even her parents.

Rose couldn't get one sentence out without breaking down and running away.

Ms. Bustier was unorganized but still attempted to smile.

And, last but not least, I couldn't breathe most Of the time. I didn't talk much anymore, and I had panic attacks every thirty minutes. Flashing images of Marinette and Mom kept popping up in my head.

I cried a little every time I looked behind me.

Because that's life.

After school was over i glanced at Nino and Alya, and they glanced back. I then got into the car and on the way home it was silent.

Like always.

Ever since the news spread about Marinette, Alya, Nino, and I have been just glancing at each other to say hello and goodbye.

We couldn't talk. Not without breaking down first.

If only Marinette knew about how many people cared for her.

We arrive home and I go to my room to see father-- dad, sitting on my white couch. I sit next to him and put my hands on my face.

"Why is this so, so hard?" I said. Dad patted my back.

"Let's go to the park, shall we?" He said I look up at him in surprise.

"You want us to go out in public? Together?" I said, not believing what I just heard.

I thought for a minute. Then he nodded.

"We need to spend more time together. I...I realized that after your mother's disappearance I have left you alone, in the dark. I was so selfish and focused on how I felt...I didn't seem to think about my own son. I'm sorry for that and I want to make up for all the time I ignored yoh, treated you coldly, and never have you freedom." Her explained.

My jaw dropped.

I hugged him so tightly, not wanting to let go.

"Thank you, father. Can we go get ice cream after?" I asked.