|°Chapter 31: Changes°|

{3rd Person POV}

"Sir..." The teen girl started, her head hanging low.

"What is it?" Gabriel asks, his voice as cold as ice.

"I-I can't help you remove that Marinette girl." She tightly squeezed her fingers together, preparing for the worst.

"What do you mean you can't help me?!" He exclaims, and the girl flinches, looking into his dull grey eyes.

"M-my mother told me we're moving... I'll be out of Paris by tomorrow. We're going to America."

"You're always such a disappointment." Gabriel's voice dripped with anger. "You're useless to me now. The deal is off. Get out of my office before I call reinforcements."

"But sir, please, have mercy on me! I had no choice!"

"YOU ALWAYS HAVE A CHOICE!" Gabriel suddenly shouts, and the girl let a tear escape. "Don't let your mother find you. Stay in Paris while she leaves. You will live here if you succeed."

"Y-yes sir..." the girl wipes her tears.

"Pathetic." Gabriel commented. "Do not let me down again. You may take your leave."

~~~*~~~

{Marinette's POV}

The next day after school, I was glad that no akuma attack occurred.

Right now, it's 20:36 and the sun is beginning to set. Adrien is out patrolling the city while I finish my homework.

But I'm getting bored.

"Tikki, Spots On!" I transform without warning. I hop out my window and look for my kitty.

The air is just right; a slight breeze runs through my hair which is in its signature ponytails. It's warm, and the sunset is beautifully breathtaking.

The first place ain't check is out high school, but he wasn't there. Then is check the Eiffel Tower, but I couldn't find him either.

An hour passes, and I grow worried. I walk in the sidewalk, and take out my yoyo to call my mom.

"Hey mom, is Adrien there?" I ask.

"No sweetie, your room is empty." She replies. "Why? Is something wrong?"

"No, no, just wondering." I say, biding her goodbye with a thanks and hang up.

Then, I hear groaning, like a man in pain. I see an alleyway just up ahead, and I run to it.

I turn into the darkness, and all is see is those green cat eyes.

"Cat Noir?" I call out, slowly approaching him.

"H-help me, Ladybug," he says in a week voice. He drags himself out into the street light, and the first thing I see is his leg, blood spewing out of it like a fountain.

"I-it's not as bad as it looks," Cat Noir attempts to smile, but it falters.

I cover my mouth with my hands to stop the sob. Tears run down my face. I reach down and pull him up and he uses the wall to lean on.

"You stupid cat!" I shout. "What happened?!"

"I-I'll... I'll explain when I get this treated." He mumbled. He was pale, and could barely keep his eyes open.

"Did you use your cataclysm?" I ask.

"N-no."

I pull out my yo-yo and call the police.