|°Chapter 20: Hope°|

"Where are we?" She heard Cat Noir groan.

"Come on, open your eyes bugaboo."

As she did so, tears came to her eyes as Cat Noir gasped.

He dropped his baton. "N-no..."

A tear escaped Ladybug's now gray eye unwillingly.

"I-I'm blind..."

~~~*~~~
{Cat Noir's POV}

I felt my heart shatter.

"M'lady...please...please tell me you're joking." I shook my head, but from the gray in her eyes, I knew the truth.

"Cat, p-please, don't leave m-me...I'm scared!" Ladybug stuttered, reaching out, trying to find me.

I grab her arms and pulled her in. "I'll always be here. Always."

I felt her shaking in my arms.

At this point, anger took over me. I growled.

"The akuma..." I muttered.

"How am I supposed to defeat the akuma, and de-evilize the akuma? What if after I throw up my lucky charm to repair everything, it doesn't fix m-my..." Ladybug broke down crying again, shaking violently.

"Shh..." I said, rubbing her head. "We will work through this. We always do."

She seemed to believe me, because she pulled away an wiped her eyes.

She took a deep breath.

"Lucky Charm!" She threw up her yo-yo, and a shield fell down into her arms.

"Its a shield." I told her because her eyebrows were scrunched up in confusion as she felt around it.

"I think I know what to do with it." I said. "Timeautorité!"

I look around, seeing if he heard me shout. I then realize that we were in Paris, right before Notre Dame caught fire.

I saw a glimpse of him on the roof of Notre Dame.

"Stay here." I said to Ladybug as I ran to the Notre Dame.

{3rd POV}
Little did Cat Noir know, that was just a worker. Not Timeautorité.

"When the cat's away, the mice will play." Muttered Timeautorité, smirking.

He approached Ladybug, alone and defenseless.

Ladybug may be blind, but she could still hear.

"Timeautorité." She said angrily though gritted teeth. She immediately turned around and held tighter on the shield.

He chuckled. "Oh Ladybug, no need to fight. Just make this easy and give me your miraculous."

"Never!" Shouted Ladybug, angering Timeautorité.

He lunged, but Ladybug was able to block it with her shield. One hand on the shield, one on her left ear, trying to hold at least one earring safe.

Ladybug then turned to run, not wanting to fight blindly. Quite literally.

"Cat Noir!" Ladybug shouted, trying to get the attention of the cat.

Ladybug kept running when she suddenly hit something.

A light pole.

She grabbed her head in pain, ears ringing.

"U-ugh..." She felt tears at her eyes, and her legs giving out.