|°Chapter 35: Good vs Desparate; Part 2°|

{Adrien's POV}

I groan lightly, hearing screams of pain and yelling.

I bolt up to see Hawkmoth's hands around Ladybug's throat.

No!

A glimmer from my peripheral vision catches my eye and I spot a metal bat. I pick it up, and with all my strength, swing it across the back of Hawkmoth's head.

He falls to the ground next to Ladybug. I drop the bat, breathing heavily.

I kick Hawkmoth's limp body before shoving him farther from Ladybug.

Leaning down, I pick up her small, frail body, carrying her bridal style.

"I'm sorry, M'lady," I whisper as I carry her downstairs. I walk into the empty bakery.

"Hello?" I call.

I hear a door creak, and I turn my head to see Marinette's parents. I breathe a sigh of relief.

Sabine covers her mouth with her hands. "Marinette..." she whimpers.

I give her a look of sympathy as I use my right hand to brush a stray hair away from her face.

"She's unconscious." I say quietly.

Tom wraps his arms around his wife's shoulders as she begins to sob. I walk over to a couch located by the far right of the bakery near a mini library and set Ladybug down.

Her earrings beep, and Tikki flies out.

She floats next to me as Plagg comes out of hiding.

"I'm sorry, kid," he says sadly.

"Marinette's strong. She'll be okay." Tikki gives us a small smile, but I feel like she's saying it as a reassurance.

I take in a deep breath and release, walking back over to her parents.

"May I have a first-aid kit, please?" I ask, no emotion in my voice. Tom reaches from below the cashier counter and pulls it out.

"Thanks." I say as I walk back over to Mari, opening the box.

I take out a few saline wipes and band-aids. I wipe her bloodied nose and the cut across her nose with the saline wipe and put a band-aid over her nose. I open another saline wipe and wipe the cut on her cheek before placing a band-aid there. I lift her hand and discover her split knuckles. I repeat the process.

"I promise, we will defeat him one day. He will pay. I promise you my life." I let out a deep, low growl as I speak about that foul man upstairs.

{Future Asia: Adrien... I wish I didn't make you say that... I'm so sorry...}

Once I'm done, I attend to my injuries: my busted lip, my bleeding knuckles, and the deep cut on my eyebrow. I wince as I touch my eyebrow. It burns.

I throw out the the used items and return the first-aid kit.

"Please, don't let her out of your sight. I've got some business to take care of." I tell Mr. and Mme. Dupain-Cheng. They nod, and I head back upstairs.

Before I open her trapdoor, I whisper, "Plagg, Claws Out," and transform.

"Cataclysm."

It didn't kill him the last time, but I'm sure this time it will.

It's time to end this madness.

It's time to win.

I swing open the trapdoor and quickly jump inside.