|°Chapter 36: Cleaning the Aftermath°|

WARNING: This book is coming to an end!! There is probably around 3 to 4 chapters left. . .

Also: It's Friday for them right now. The dance is in 3 days. I made a mistake in a chapter, so if you're confused, don't hesitate to ask. It's my fault, anyway. Sorry, again.

{Adrien's POV}

After we text to group chat, Marinette and I share a look.

"Guess we should clean this mess..." Marinette says, looking at the mess.

"But I don't wanna~!" I whine like a little kid jokingly.

Marinette smiles, grabbing me by the hand. "C'mon, kitty. We've got work to do." She scratches under my chin, forcing me to let out a purr.

I clear my throat. I hope she didn't hear that...

We head downstairs to grab brooms and other cleaning supplies, and dedicated the hour to cleaning the room.

We swept up glass, shredded papers, and other broken items. We scrubbed the walls and bloodstained floor. Then, I put everything back in its place. I look over at Marinette to see her gazing sadly at a ripped photo. I walk over to her, resting a hand on her shoulder and looking to see what the picture was.

It was everyone— all of Marinette's friends. People who are close, but not as close as the superhero team. Everyone in the picture was smiling, but it was ripped in half, so not everyone was there.

"This was at Juleka's birthday party..." Marinette sighs sadly. "The only picture I have with everyone because they all were all able to come..."

I smile softly as she looks up to meet my eyes. I cup her cheeks, pressing my forehead against hers.

"Oh, Mari. We'll make more. We'll make better ones. We'll make unforgettable memories. All of us." I plant a kiss on her nose.

"B-but how...?" She stutters, her eyes slowly filling with tears.

"It doesn't matter how, Mari. Because together, we can. Together, we are unstoppable. Whether it's just the two of us, or the whole team. Nobody can't tell me that anything isn't possible. I thought that last year too. But here we are, the most famous heroes in Paris, saving the city nearly everyday from a simple crime or an akuma. We use magic. We've been thrown in space. You've been blind before. We've been hurt multiple times. But guess what? At the end of the day, we made it through all of the crisis. We're alive and breathing. So, there's no need to worry. We'll always win."

I smile as I notice her tears are gone. I press her head against my chest as I hug her, and she wraps her arms around my waist. I hear her sigh happily, so I ruffle her hair.

I pull away, cupping her cheeks again. I smirk as I lean in and kiss her, much to her surprise. She squeals, blushing, before kissing back and melting into the kiss. We close our eyes, enjoying the spur of the moment. The moment of us.

She pulled away, taking slow, deep breaths and smiling. I give her a goofy smile, rubbing my nose against hers.

"Its sweet moments like this that I wouldn't trade the world for. No, the city." Marinette whispered.

"So you'd trade the world for it?" I ask, pouting.

"Silly kitty," she smiles sweetly. "You are my world."

{Sorry to ruin the moment but ughhh eww that was so cliché and cringy I'm sorry 💀}

I grin. "And you are my galaxy. Guiding me through the universe, provided me light despite how dark people may say you are. Beautiful and mysterious."

I ruffle her hair, and she pouts. "I was trying to be cute but yours sounder cuter! How do you do it?!"

I shrug, grinning. "Skill."

Marinette giggles, and I couldn't help but stare in awe at the girl in front of me. She's so selfless but shy at the same time, beautiful and helpful. No matter how many times someone hurts her, she still helps them. She never gives up and always tries her best. She's talented, beautiful, and caring. She's loyal, and can empathize. She can be herself and nobody will judge her for it.

"What?" She asks innocently, giving me a weird look.

My face goes red as I look away. "W-what?"

"You were staring at me with a weird smile." Marinette says, giggling.

Gosh, I love that giggle...

"S-sorry," My blush intensifies. "Let's f-finish."

Marinette giggles again before adjusting the final adjustments.

"We're pretty much done. But my window..." She laughs, facepalming. "Guess I'm gonna need to replace it, huh?"

"I guess so. I can pay for it, if you want." I offer.

"Nah, it's cool. For now, I kind of like the wind." She grabs my hand. "Let's go to the roof. The sun is setting."

We climb onto the roof, the wind just perfect as it weaves its way through our hair. The sun is so big, the sky colorful like autumn. Red, orange, yellow. Then it fades into a pink, purple, dark blue. It's so... breathtaking.

I stand behind Marinette, my arms around her waist as my chin rested on the top of her head.

"The view is amazing." Marinette says happily.

"It sure is..." I grin, staring at her.

"Why do I feel your eyes on me?" Then, she blushes. "O-oh! You meant me!"

I chuckle. "You're the real view, M'lady."

Her blush deepens but she doesn't say anything.

Sometimes, silence is truly golden.

After a few minutes, I sit on Marinette's balcony chair, with her in my lap as we cuddle. We stay out there until the stars are our only audience, as they watch us as we did to them. They twinkle in the night, as if they are winking at us, wishing us good luck.

Who knows?

Maybe we'll need it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys... I'm really really sorry for this crappy chapter which is mainly just fluff... I am truly sorry. I'm on a horrible writer's block, I'm a mess... nothing's been going right this November.

I'm really sorry I couldn't meet your hopes and expectations this chapter, and I'm sorry I've been so inactive. It wasn't cool of me to disappear without telling you guys first. My deepest apologies.

Anyways guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did, be sure to leave a vote and a comment!!

Until Next Time, My Wattpad Famille! Baii~!

Au revior,

Peace Out,

~Asia✌🏾♥️✌🏾♥️