|°Chapter 23: Freedom°|

{Cat Noir's POV}

I yawned and tried to sit up as a bright light hit my face. I opened my eyes to see a bright flashlight in my face.

I tried to stand up, but then I found out I was tied up. "Who are you?! Where is Ladybug?!" I yell at the man who was in front of me.

He chuckled, and moved away. My eyes were still adjusting to the light when I realized it was a body laying on the floor. A red body.

My eyes widen with tears. "M-M'lady...?"

I clawed of the chains without even realizing it, tears streaming down my face.

I walk up to her bloody body which was still in her superhero suit. My knees give out under me from seeing her limp body.

I hold her in my arms, her warm blood tricking down my suit.

My transformation releases.

"I'm sorry, kid." Plagg says before flying into my pocket.

"No..." I mutter, nearly chocking in my tears. "No!"

I put her limp body down, growling and breathing heavily.

"Plagg, Claws Out," I whisper.

I walk up to the man and hold him against the wall by his neck, squeezing harder with every deep breath I took.

"You," I growled. "You killed her."

The man, who's face was now purple, smirked a weak smile and nodded.

"You will pay." I whisper, barely audible to myself. "Cataclysm."

I watch as the man turned into ashes and flew with the wind. He is the air now.

Once again, I fall to my knees, feeling empty and dead inside. I lost my world again, and yet again I couldn't save her.

"I don't deserve to live..." I whisper as I climb the stairs to the roof.

My Miraculous beeped, and Plagg flew out my ring.

"Find a better holder, Plagg. I'm sorry." I take off my ring and give it to him. I heard him sniffle, nod, and fly away.

"Goodbye Plagg..." a tear escapes my eye. "Goodbye Paris..."

"Goodbye, Princess."

I jump off the roof, closing my eyes. I smile.

Freedom.

This is what it feels like.

Freedom.

~~~*~~~
I gasp, sitting up. I feel a weight slide off me and jump up.

Tears were falling from my eyes and I couldn't catch my breath.

Her voice... where is it coming from?

"Kitty!"

O turned my head frantically, trying to get there voice out of my head.

"Look at me! Kitty!"

"Help me..." I choke out. "Please... I'm so sorry..."

"Adrien! Open your eyes!"

I open my eyes to see Marinette looking at me with concerned eyes. She hugs me.

"P-princess? But, you were just... g-gone..." I stare in disbelief.

"I'm right here, Kitty. Shh, I'm here." She rubbed my back soothingly.

My heart was racing as if I had just ran a marathon, and the sweat collecting on my head seemed as if I actually had. I couldn't catch my breath as more and more tears trickled down my face.