|°Chapter 17: Nightmares°|

Okay, it's been like... two months some I updated...? Yeah, sorry. Writer's block.

This chapter will be not bout how Emilie disappeared, but how our fav heroes are doing.

You guys remember when I said that Chat will take hits too? Yeah I was foreshadowing. This is part of those "hits".

Enjoy! ❤

~~~*~~~
Summary recap: Adrien and Marinette came home from their patrol. They played a game before going to bed.

"Night, Minou."

"Night, Princess."

~~~*~~~
{3rd POV}

Marinette was awoken by shuffling of a warm person beside her, who was groaning and sweating.

Opening her eyes, Marinette turned to see her lover, Adrien. A look of pure fear played on his face, with sweat dripping down his head.

"No..." The poor boy was having a nightmare. "No! Don't do it!"

His screams were screams of agony, as if he was truly afraid of losing whoever he was referring to.

Marinette frowned, not happy to see her boyfriend in such grief.

"Adrien, please, wake up." She shook his head arm, which was burning up.

Removing the blankets from them, she shook him harder.

"Adrien! Wake up!" She practically screamed.

"MARINETTE!" The teen shot up forwards, eyes the size as saucers.

Marinette grabbed his shoulders. "Adrien! What happened?!"

Unknowing to Marinette, he couldn't hear her. His heart was beating as if he had just ran a marathon, and his ears were ringing.

He clutched his head, not feeling the delicate touch of the frail girl beside him.

The ringing in his ears were unrelenting, bring pain to his head the was beating like crazy.

His breathing was short and ragged; he felt as if someone had grabbed a hold of his oxygen and slowly tugged it out of him.

"ADRIEN!"

Adrien flinched upon hearing his name from a familiar voice. He looked to his right to see Marinette, with a mixture of worry and fear in her eyes.

"...Marinette?" He muttered. "Is it really you?"

She sighed as a year escaped her eye unwillingly. She wrapped her small arms around his strong figure, trying to comfort him ain any way.

"Its okay Adrien," she whispered soothingly in his ear. "I'm right here. I always was and always will be."

Finally, after ten long minutes of shallow breaths and comforting words, Adrien gained his composure.

"I-I'm sorry you had to witness that, Princess." He muttered, the feeling of being ashamed nagging at his stomach.

"It's okay, Minou."

A comforting silence filled the bedroom.

Marinette sighed. "I'll go get you some water."

He nodded and thought about what he ever did to get such a kind, selfless girl like Marinette.

Adrien sighed deeply.

Why did I have another nightmare? He thought.

Suddenly, Marinette appeared at his side.

"Drink this," she said, handing him a orange capsule (pill) and some water.