three (2nd draft)

Adriana

I felt his arm tense as soon as I had touched it. He yanked it away from grasp, but didn't move away from me. I could feel the tension just bouncing off of us. It was the most uncomfortable feeling.

"What's your problem?" I had asked him. I tried to be nice, I really did. I had just arrived and he was being a complete fucking asshole. It was exasperating and quite frankly, infuriating.

"What are you talking about?" he responded, not making eye contact with me. I was dumbfounded. Was he choosing to be this dense? I refused to believe that he was this stupid.

"Let's see... are you normally an asshole or am I just special? I got here two seconds ago and you already seem to hate me. I'm curious to hear what I've done to deserve your utmost hatred. What's your fucking problem?" I reiterated.

He quickly spun; his tall, athletic build towering over me. "I don't have the energy to console your feelings. Go back to the house if you don't want to be here. If you aren't going to leave, keep walking." His narrowed eyes bored into mine as I held my ground. I felt as if I disintegrated underneath his deadly glare but I tried to remain untouched.

"You think I wanna be here? I would so much rather be with the rest of my family. I don't even know if they're safe. But, no. I'm stuck here with a fucking arrogant bastard. You don't know me, Rojo," I spat.

"This might come as a shock to you but I don't care. I'm an arrogant bastard. Boo-fucking-hoo. Can't take it? I suggest you go back on your private jet." He turned, walking towards Nico who was already in the water. I stared at him as he walked away, my mouth agape and mind dumbfounded.

I couldn't believe I was stuck with him for God knows how long. That man made my blood boil. I tried to be polite with him, I tried. I was going to live with him for months, might as well be civil. Obviously, that wasn't what he had in mind. He was an asshole. A condescending, arrogant, and sexy asshole.

Wait, what?

It was a shame. Truly. He was this Greek god of a man; tan skin, muscular physique and just plain gorgeous. His hair was a dark brown that blew softly in the wind and his abs were glistening with sweat. He treaded with his head held up and chest out.

I had heart eyes for him.

But of course, he had to have a shit personality.

I started to walk towards the sea. The cool breeze hitting my face as I buried my feet in the warm sand. The wind was strong and my hair was being blown in ten different directions. Water came towards me and covered my feet. I sucked in a breath and curled my toes. I squinted and noticed a large rock on my right. I held my sandals in my hand as I stepped out of the water. I sat down on the rough rock and looked out towards the ocean. I watched as he rode the waves like nobody's business and was sorely impressed.

"Hey pretty girl!" At the sound of that, I turned my head to the left and was met with a grinning Nico. His hair was sticking to his forehead and his abdomen glistened with water droplets.

"Hi Nico," I sheepishly said. He grinned brighter and took a seat next to me. I flinched when he wrapped his arm around me. I assumed he was an affectionate person and didn't overthink it. My head dropped to his shoulder and I sighed. This was the closest thing to comfort I had felt since I got here. I knew cuddling with a boy I had just met was strange but in the moment, he was all I had.

"Are you okay? I saw you and Xavier arguing," he asked after we sat in silence for a little bit. Xavier, I thought, so that's his name.