eight (2nd draft)

Xavier

"Babe! I missed you!"

"Karina... what are you doing here?" I asked through gritted teeth. As I was staring at her obnoxious green eyes, I was wondering why she came here. I hadn't seen her in forever. Last time we spoke... we didn't leave on good terms.

"I can't stop by to say hi to my boyfriend?" She swung her arms around my neck and leaned in for a kiss. Before her lips could touch mine, I whipped my head to the side and her poisoned lips kissed my cheek.

"Are you okay?" She stared at me with big eyes, the ones she used when she sucked me off. "Like, deadass. Did you get fucking amnesia or something? I'm not your boyfriend?"

"Of course you are, stupid." I grabbed her wrist and walked outside. I shut the door behind me, I didn't want anyone to hear this conversation.

"We broke up a long time ago. Why are you here?" I reiterated my question. It seemed like she didn't understand it the first time.

"I miss you and I still love you..."

This was the problem with Karina. Even if she didn't want something, no one else could have it. I was finally back on my feet again and she decides to trot along back into my life. Right in that moment, I had wished she was a guy.

I scoffed and let out a dry laugh. "I don't care. I don't love you. Besides, I have a girlfriend," I lied through the skin of my teeth. I needed her to leave me alone and obviously, playing nice wasn't cutting it.

"What? Girlfriend? Who the fuck is she?" she demanded. I laughed right in her face and shook my head.

Ignoring her, I said, "You're going to leave me the fuck alone before I file a restraining order." I turned towards the door and she latched onto my wrist.

"Tell me. Who is she?"

"See, I would tell you... but that's none of your business." I wiggled my arm out of her grasp. "Go back to... what was his name again? Jack?"

"Josh."

"Right... so here's what's going to happen. You're going to leave or else I'm gonna call the cops on your crazy ass, alright?" I would've never called the police given the nature of my family business, but I couldn't think of another way for her to leave.

"This isn't the last time, X."

I watched as she turned around and stomped over to her red convertible. "Yeah, it is," I said. I didn't wait for her to drive off as I swung the front door open and slammed it shut.

*

I don't even remember falling asleep but I woke to the smell of bacon. Hm, I loved waking up to that. I rubbed my eyes and walked down to the kitchen. I saw our staff making bacon, pancakes and eggs. A typical breakfast, but it was my favorite. I sat down and started eating. My father wasn't awake yet, so I was the only one at the table. I went on my phone and started going on my social media. I looked up when I heard someone's footsteps. Assuming it was my father I started to say,

"Good morning — "

But then I gazed up and saw Adriana. Her eyes were red, she looked like she hadn't slept in days. Maybe she had gotten into my stash... kidding. She sat down, far away from me per usual. Soon, one of our staff brought her a plate of food.