bonus chapter #2

TWO YEARS
AFTER THE EPILOGUE

A/N: This is long, like 3000 words long.

Adriana

"I think I'm going to pass out," I yawned as I got up for the tenth time. I rubbed my eyes and exaggeratedly yawned to myself. I stood up from the very uncomfortable rocking chair I had fallen asleep in. I walked over to Mariana, who was crying, and picked her up. "Shh," I cooed as I tried to calm her down. I sat back down in the rocking chair and rocked us back and forth.

"Papa," she babbled.

"I miss him, too, baby," I sighed. Xavier wasn't home at the moment. He had to go back to California on... business. Although he had his surfing and I quickly learned that I loved nothing more than being a mother, we were still in contact with our parents' businesses. We continued doing what we loved while earning more money for our family.

Xavier had been gone for about three weeks and everyday I got more worried. I knew he was safe, seeing how he would text me everyday saying he was safe. However, I was anticipating his arrival. I had no idea when he would be home and we missed him.

As soon as Mariana calmed down and drifted back to sleep, so did I. I had her in my arms when I fell asleep. I had woken up to Marcos babbling. I no longer knew what sleep was. These two had me up all day and all night.

Having twins was something Xavier and I didn't expect and it definitely threw us for a loop. I should've considered the possibility, since Santiago and Mateo are twins. I knew one baby was going to be a handful, but two? I wasn't going to sleep for the next few years.

Even this young, I could already see how different Mariana and Marcos were. She was a complete brat and a daddy's girl. Sounds like someone I used to know. Marcos was one hundred percent a momma's boy. He only wanted to be with me and Mariana only wanted to be with Xavier. Marcos was a very calm baby. He rarely cried, which I loved. He slept through the night and never fussed, a pure angel. Mariana, however, was the polar opposite. She cried every chance she got and always woke up several times throughout the night. Marcos would be satisfied being left with a toy, while Mariana required my undivided attention. It drove me insane.

"Mama," Marcos babbled. I stood up and gingerly placed Mariana back inside her crib, making sure not to wake her up. I walked over to Marcos' crib and picked him up. I saw how bright it was outside and couldn't believe it was the morning. Honestly, I had no idea what day it was.

I placed Marcos on the floor, knowing he loved to walk around the house. I rubbed my eyes and exaggeratedly yawned. I followed Marcos out to the living room and saw him starting to play with his toy cars. I sank down on the couch and watched him in amusement. Marcos was a mini Xavier; he looked exactly like his dad. He was such a carefree baby, always happy and smiling.

Suddenly, I fell asleep while watching Marcos. I woke up when I heard him laughing. I pried my eyes opened and saw someone on the floor playing with him.

Finally, he was home.

I shuffled around on the couch and he looked behind him. Xavier wore the biggest smile and so did Marcos. He looked pristine and so goddamn handsome. I was on the verge of drooling.

"Hey, mamas," Xavier spoke in a low voice. He handed Marcos a toy before standing up and walking over to me. He bent down in front of me and kissed my forehead. I wrapped my arms around him and brought him down to my level. I dug my head into his shoulder and inhaled his scent. Three weeks without him felt like three years.