CHAPTER 1

All songs for each chapter will be attached at the top so make sure you check them out :) -Chloe x

Tenerife Sea - Ed Sheehan

I groaned as the loud alarm on my phone began to sound its cheerful tune.

Slowly I turned over, rubbing my sore eyes as I slammed my finger down on the snooze button.

Staying up late watching Netflix was probably not the best of ideas, seen as I already wasn't a morning person, but binge watching the entire of The Vampire Diaries had seemed worth it at the time.

I allowed my eyes to flicker shut again at the peaceful silence that filled my room before I turned over getting comfy in my bed, pulling the covers up over my head.

It's fine, I'm allowed an extra five minutes... Maybe ten.

I started to drift off to sleep again, only to sit bolt upright in bed as my Godmother, Christina, burst into my room shrieking.

"If you hit that snooze button again you're going to be late, have you forgotten what's happening today? God, look at you, what time did you get to sleep? Hurry up and get ready, there are some crumpets left over on the kitchen counter but they're probably cold now, I'm hoping you still remember how to put the toaster on the correct setting so they don't get cremated." She flapped whilst waving her arms around in a panicked frenzy, I couldn't help but chuckle as she clutched at the towel wrapped around her wet hair, unfortunately, it was too late and the towel slumped onto the floor as her blonde hair fell in front of her face, blowing outwards as she let out a frustrated sigh.

Once she'd left my room I reluctantly got out of bed, rubbing my forehead in confusion.

What was happening today that was so bloody important?

Sleepily, I began making my way over to my calendar that hung above my desk.

I squinted at it, my eyes still trying to get used to the brightness of the sunny morning bursting through my open curtains.

"Bloody hell!" I cursed under my breath whilst my eyes widened in a mixture of shock, excitement and horror.

Today was the day.

The day.

How the hell did forget about this?

Instantly my calm composure was replaced with a panicked frenzy similar to Christina's as I grabbed my bag, rummaging through the stuff I had packed two days ago.

It made me laugh, two days ago I was making an attempt at being organised for once but it seemed like any kind of logic or organisation was out of the window for today.

"Where is the damn letter?" I practically yelled as I scanned the room for the piece of paper which had become tatty and worn due to the amount of times I'd unfolded it to read it, over and over again.

I let out a sigh of relief as I found it poking out from one of my desk drawers.

Quickly I scurried over, grabbing it before I began to unfold the tatty letter for what was probably the millionth time.

'Dear Miss Amber Lawley,
we are pleased to inform you of your opportunity to perform in front of our professional lecturers for the chance to obtain an unconditional offer for the Royal University of the Performing Arts. Your audition will be on the 23rd of August at 5:00 pm and has been enrolled as a dancing piece, below you will find a list of what you are expected to bring and wear for your audition:
- Black Leotard
- Black or Tanned Tights
- Ballet Pumps or Canvas Half Shoes
- Birth Certificate
- Any previous monitoring of grades achieved at GCSE or A Level
We happily await meeting you. A further letter will be sent to you on the 30th August informing you if you have obtained the unconditional offer. We wish you good luck.
The Royal University of the Performing Arts,
Head Mistress, Mrs Johnson.'