CHAPTER 44

Dynasty - MIIA

I stood there in Tom's bathroom, my hands gripping at the edge of the sink for support as Peters message flashed through my mind repeatedly. My heart was pounding in my chest as I tried to control my breathing and the panic that was building within me. I let out a deep breath, closing my eyes in an attempt to escape the nightmare I was living in right now. My heart was screaming at me to tell Tom about everything that had happened with Peter, but my conscience told me otherwise for some reason. Where would I even begin? I myself struggled to think about what had happened over the last few months, so how the hell was I going to be able to put it into words? I could feel tears welling up in my eyes as I stood there glancing at the window which had rain drops falling down the pane of glass. Each one trickling down slowly whilst clouds loomed heavily above London.

"Are you okay, Amber?" Tom's voice called from the other side of the door after a few gentle knocks, forcing me out of my overwhelming thoughts as I wiped away a stray tear which had fallen and walked towards the door unlocking it.

"Yeah I'm fine, just wanted to wash my face that's all." I lied as he smiled down at me, placing a kiss on my forehead whilst his hands gripped at my waist, his touch never failing to spark electricity in my body.

"Do you fancy going out somewhere for lunch, I could drop you home afterwards?" He asked eagerly, his eyes beaming down at me whilst my mind was in conflict. My eyes flickered from his eyes down to my phone which I held tightly in my hand. I let out a deep breath my body tensing up at what I was about to say.

"I need to tell you something Tom-" I was cut short by the sound of Tom's phone ringing loudly in his back pocket, he gave me an apologetic smile as he glanced over the caller ID.

"I really need to take this, it's important, can it wait, my love?" He asked, his eyes watching me intently as I bit the inside of my cheek, nodding slowly,

"Sure..." I breathed out as he quickly pecked me on the lips before answering the call and walking out of the bedroom for more privacy. My eyes flickered shut as my fingers rubbed at my forehead, trying to relieve the tension headache that had formed over the past hour. Gradually I made my way over to the bed, plopping down on it gently as I stared out of the window, listening to the small rumbling of thunder in the distance as I let out a long and deep sigh.

"What am I going to do..." I whispered to myself, my hands raking through my hair frustratedly as I shook my head.

A few hours had passed and me and Tom now sat in a small restaurant in Soho, it was ticking over with people which eased my nerves as I sat there pushing my food around my plate as I tried to focus on everything else but Peter. I was glad that Tom was with me, as he acted as a great distraction.

"Are you alright?" Tom asked as he looked at me, his eyes filled with concern although he tried to keep his face calm and collected.

I quickly snapped out of my daze looking up at him and plastering a forced smile onto my lips, "Yes of course, why?"

"It's just you've been stabbing the same piece of lettuce on your plate for the past ten minutes." My cheeks instantly burned bright red as I realised he'd been watching me attack the salad on my plate due to me being lost in my thoughts. Quickly I put my fork down, clearing my throat awkwardly as I tried to change the subject.

"Oh I'm just not that hungry that's all." I lied through my teeth. A few hours ago I had finally built enough courage to tell him everything but when I got the chance to tell him I blew it. I chickened out and decided that wallowing in self-pity would be easier. Boy was I wrong. Either way it felt like hell. If I told him, I'd have to face seeing him hurt by the fact that I didn't tell him everything. It wasn't that I didn't trust him, it was just that I was afraid he wouldn't understand seen as Peter always had a way of convincing people that he was Mr picture perfect. But he couldn't be anymore contrasting to that.