CHAPTER 27

The One - Jorja Smith

I lied there on my bed, my body filling with guilt as I tried to stop the tears which persistently continued to fall down my cheeks, I hadn't cried like this or felt like this in ages, my emotions mixed and confused as I tried to fool myself that I was trapped in some kind of horrible nightmare.

That's what it felt like.

One of those nightmares where it's impossible to escape no matter how fast your run or how loud you scream, everything seemingly in slow motion and your screams inaudible.

I groaned, rolling over and checking the time on my phone, I'd been lying here for at least two hours now after I decided to skip my lectures for the day, I wasn't in the right frame of mind to concentrate, I was too consumed in my thoughts.

Besides, it wasn't like I could do anything in dance anyway and the thought of seeing Tom after what had happened with Peter would make me feel like I betrayed him, even though it wasn't my doing and I most certainly don't see that piece of trash in that way.

"Why can't I go through a day without something shit happening?" I spoke aloud, rubbing my eyes as I reluctantly got off my bed, my feet trailing over to my mirror to reveal my red, puffy eyes and blotchy face.

I sighed, slipping into some joggers and a hoodie not caring about my appearance as I slowly made my way downstairs to grab something to eat.

"Someone looks a bit under the weather, why aren't you at your lectures?" Tristan asked curiously as I entered the kitchen where he was seated around the island, Mr Farthing's face on his laptop as I interrupted them mid-conversation, his eyebrow quirked up at me as he quickly said his goodbyes and gave me his full attention, much to dismay as his eyes now widened with worry, scanning over my puffy eyes and run down appearance.

"Are you alright Amber?" Instantly he stood up walking over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder a look of concern on his face as he pulled me in for a tight hug.

There was no way I could keep this to myself, it would eat away at me and make me a nervous wreck all the time, that was the last thing I wanted but at the same time, the idea of telling someone scared me, if someone spoke a single word about it, it would no doubt spread around the university in no time.

Never mind the thought of Christina or Tom finding out.

That would kill me.

"Amber?" He called again breaking me out of my thoughts as I shook my head, pulling away and plastering a fake smile on my face.

"I'm fine honestly it's nothing." I lied, avoiding eye contact with him so he wasn't able to evaluate the guilt that was quickly crossing over my face.

"Doesn't look like nothing."

"I said I'm fine Tristan!" I snapped, my hand covering my mouth in realisation as he slowly backed away with his hands up in the air as if he was under arrest.

"Geez calm down."

"I'm sorry... It's just been a stressful day, just give me a few hours and I'll be in a better mood." I apologised, instantly regretting snapping at him as now the air held a tense atmosphere.

I mentally cursed at myself for being such a bitch to him as I smiled weakly at him before returning upstairs to my room, my appetite suddenly nonexistent while I crawled under my bed covers, pulling the sheets over my head in an attempt to hide from the reality which I wanted to escape so badly.

I had lost track of how many hours I had spent under my covers desperately trying to rid the memories from today which persisted in my mind but the sound of the doorbell ringing reluctantly brought me back to reality as I crawled out of my cocoon.

"I'll get it!" I called to Tristan who poked his head out of his door as I emerged from my room wearily.

Gradually, I traipsed down the stairs, my heart rate quickening as I recognised the familiar silhouette through the frosted glass, I sucked in a deep breath, adjusting my hair slightly before opening the door.

"Hi." I sighed as I was greeted by Tom's comforting smile but I was unable to ignore to worry which he held in his eyes.

"May I come in?" His deep voice was like music to melt ears as he pulled me in for a tight hug, my tiny frame being engulfed by his large muscular stature as he held me close to me, the faint sound of his beating heart soothing the anxiety and guilt I was trying to suppress inside of me.

Slowly we parted as I stepped to the side allowing him to enter before I led him into the kitchen which was now thankfully empty.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I asked politely as I tidied up the stray plates which littered the countertops.

No doubt they had been dumped there by Tate, after all, whenever you walked into his room it was like a trip to Ikea due to all the cups, plates and glasses which were stacked on any surface which was flat and didn't have anything on it.

"I'm okay thank you," Tom replies, his hands resting on my hips as he came behind me, slowly turning me so that I was facing him, his eyes scanning over my face, probably noticing the slight redness of my eyes as I tried to avoid his gaze.

"Why weren't you in my lecture today?" He demanded, his voice slightly husky as I bit my lip, trying to summon an excuse while Tom began to close the gap between us until his chest was pressed against mine, his finger hooking under my chin forcing me to look at him as my breathing suddenly became ragged, my hands gripping onto the counter for support.

Just these subtle actions were already making an ache form between my thighs and the memories of today drift away as I became enchanted by the alluring man in front of me.

Jesus Christ...

"I- I..." I was cut off as his lips collided with mine, hunger, passion and desire taking over both of our bodies as he lifted me onto the counter his hands gripping at my hips, tugging at the clothes of which I so desperately wanted to be ripped off my body.

Serious deja vu.

His lips instantly connected with the delicate skin of my neck, finding my sweet spot as he began to nip and tug harder earning a gasp from me while my fingers gripped onto the hair at the nape of his neck.

I felt breathless as his lips met mine again, moving effortlessly across my own as his minty breath filled my mouth, his breathing coming out in pants while he slowly pulled back looking at me dead in the eyes as he looked at me mischievously, his eyebrow quirking up making a heart spread across my entire body.

"Do I need to remind you, Amber, that naughty girls get punished?" He purred against the skin of my neck making my eyes flicker shut, the vibrations from his voice causing pure bliss to overcome my entire body.

I gulped trying to not get trapped in his intoxicating game as I looked at him, completely wordless.

"Punished?" I stuttered out but was quickly interrupted as Tristan entered the room, a confused and alarmed expression on his face before my heart literally stopped beating.

"Peter said he needed to see you," Tristan informed me as Peter's framed came into view, his dark brown hair falling messily over his face while his tie was loose.

My eyes widened as Tom moved away from me allowing me to jump off the counter.

I body was instantly riddled with anxiety and guilt as Peter walked further into the kitchen, his eyes flicking between the two of us as jealousy overtook his features his icy blue eyes turning dark as he looked at me completely ignoring Tom's presence.

"And who is this Amber?" He demanded as I stood there, shrinking by the second due to his intimidating presence.

Shit.

18/2/19

A/N- We're going to be seeing Daddy Hiddleston soon, get excited ;) I can't deal with the amount of drama right now!!! Sorry for this chapter being slightly shorter but hopefully I'll be updating quite a lot this week. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter if so please vote and comment :) -Chloe x