CHAPTER 9

When The Party's Over - Billie Eilish

For the rest of the weekend, I had to put up with Danielle's endless questions about what had happened in the cafe with Mr Hiddleston and I avoided answering, leading to her believing it was a date even though it couldn't have been seen as I hadn't planned on running into Mr Hiddelston, nevermind having some tea and a bloody scone with him.

It was now Monday and I hurriedly walked down the stairs walking into the lounge and flopping on the sofa as I turned on the TV, flicking through the endless channels which had a load of crap on them until I eventually settled on watching friends seen as my morning lecture with Mr Farthing had been cancelled due to him being sick.

It was nearly lunchtime, Tate and Tristan were still in bed snoring their heads off while I sat curled up under a fluffy blanket, enjoying the quietness of the house as I reignited my celebrity crush on Matt LeBlanc, replying to Christina who was spamming me with happy birthday messages.

It made me laugh how other people got more excited about my birthday than I did, but I just didn't like all the attention and my birthdays had never been or felt the same since I lost my parents so I usually liked keeping it quiet meaning tonight was going to be a very different experience for me being surrounded by loads of people who I barely knew.

I'd been watching friends, back to back for probably an hour when Danielle came running down the stairs, her stomach probably forcing her out of bed as she skidded on the wooden floor before she leapt over the back of the sofa and crashed down on top of me.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" She screamed into my ear as I tried to get her off of me, her laughing probably waking up everyone else who was asleep in the house.

"Here, I got you a little something." Danielle quickly got off me, disappearing into the dining room before returning with a small box, wrapped up neatly with a little bow on top and an apple of which she eagerly took a big bite out of.

"You didn't have to get me anything-" She cut me off, shoving the box into my hand.

"Umm, yes I did you idiot, you're my best friend, of course I had to get you a little something. Now quickly open it, I really hope you like it." Danielle sat down next to me, her eyes looking excitedly at the box as I peeled away the wrapping paper revealing the fancy looking white box.

Quickly I took off the lid, my eyes widening at the beautiful necklace inside, a small, silver daisy that had tiny diamonds embedded in it that caught the light making it glisten all different colours.

I smiled at the fact that she'd remember that daisies were my favourite type of flower, laughing slightly at the fact that she had actually been listening for once.

"Oh my god, it's beautiful thank you so much, I love it." I thanked her before putting the necklace on and hugging her tightly.

Tate and Tristan were still in bed, so we both decided to make a start on the preparations for the party tonight.

Danielle had gone overboard and had decided to invite half the university and I was worrying as to whether we'd be able to fit that many people into the house as I placed the alcohol on the kitchen island with the multicoloured, plastic cups we'd bought over the weekend.

Danielle stood there scrolling through her phone as I got all the snacks we'd bought out of the fridge, knowing that nobody was probably going to touch it because they'll be drawn to the booze immediately.

"Shit..." Danielle gasped as she stared at her phone with an amused yet horrified expression, quickly I made my way over to her.

She moved away quickly trying to hide her screen from me as I raised my eyebrow at her, unimpressed.