CHAPTER 31

Endless Lovers - The Night Café

I squinted as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, my head feeling slightly fuzzy while I sat up, looking around my room which was a complete mess.

What the hell did I do last night?

A smile gradually formed on my lips as I remembered the slow walk we all took back to our boarding houses, slightly swaying as we tried to follow the path, laughter escaping our lips unexplainably whilst trying to open the door for about ten minutes seen as Tate couldn't get the key in the lock and kept missing it. Once I'd gotten in last night I must have hopped in the shower immediately, making the entire bathroom floor wet because of my slightly drunken state. Slowly I got off my bed, shaking my head at the fact I had literally just slipped on a T-shirt after my shower and passed out in bed.

After slipping on a pair of leggings I sleepily walked downstairs to the kitchen where the rest sat around the island looking half dead. Tate looked slightly worse for wear seen as he had drunk the most out of all us, closely followed by Danielle and then me and Tristan.

"Morning," I spoke groggily, grabbing a glass, filling it with water before I reached for the paracetamol popping out two tablets and downing them. Tate audibly groaned to signal that he was alive as he rested his head on the counter top. I laughed to myself as I sat next to Tristan finishing off the rest of my water while I watched Danielle click away on her laptop, a pair of glasses which I had never seen before perched on the edge of her nose as she squinted at the screen.

"What's she doing?" I nudged Tristan who just shrugged in response his hair flopping over his face slightly as he smiled.

"No idea but whatever it is she's actually concentrating on it. You tell because the specs have come out and that's a very rare occasion." He joked causing Danielle's eyes to flicker up to the two us.

"Oh shut up you two." She raised her voice slightly laughing, making Tate clutch his head and inaudible words to leave his lips.

"What was that I couldn't hear you?" Danielle persisted, purposely aggravating him further as he lifted his head, his eyes slightly bloodshot as he glared at Danielle. This only made her laugh further.

"I said please consider the fact that some of us can't tolerate alcohol as well as others." He grumbled as Danielle placed her hand on his head, ruffling his hair before she placed a kiss on the top of his head, returning to whatever was on her laptop. A giggle escaped my lips as I stood up placing my glass in the sink.

"Are you going to dance today?" Tristan asked me, today will be the first class I would be allowed to take part in after my injuries and the idea of being able to dance again and let out all my emotions filled me with relief. That was just what I needed to do to help keep my mind off Peter.

"Yeah." I quickly replied before disappearing back up to my room, quickly cleaning it before I sat back down on my bed picking up my phone. I stared at my phone's black screen debating on whether to turn it on or not, finally, I held down the button the black apple symbol appearing in the middle of the white screen before I unlocked my phone and notifications started flooding my phone. I let out a deep breath, checking my texts first and much to my surprise and relief there were no messages from Peter, I had half expected him to be filled with utter rage and call, text and everything in between but there was nothing. I next turned my attention to Christina's message from yesterday, clicking on her contact as my finger hovered above the FaceTime button, having no idea what I would talk to her about. Finally, my finger pressed down on the button, the camera opening on my screen showing me my tired appearance.

"Hi, hunny! How are you? Gosh, you look tired, what have you been up to? Were you with Tom?" Christina's face appeared on my screen as I smiled while she wriggled her eyebrows, the sound of her voice soothing me slightly but I couldn't help but notice the raspiness in her voice.