CHAPTER 21

Green Light - Lorde

I stood there in my old room, my eyes scanning over the few personal belongings that I had left behind, my mind swarming with memories that felt so old to me now.

A small smile spread across my face as I opened my suitcase, taking out my clothes, putting them back into my wardrobe and drawers which were practically empty apart from the odd clothing item.

It felt good to be home, although everything felt so different now, the fact that I had left here, an anxious mess with no friends and now I felt as though I was finally back to feeling happy.

Feeling normal.

I looked at myself in my mirror, although I had only been gone four months it felt as though a totally new person was standing in front of me, someone who valued themselves, someone who had managed to pull themselves back up again after being at the lowest point in their life.

The sound of Christina cursing caused me to poke my head around my door to where she stood at the top of the stairs case with a box full of Peter's junk.

"Here, let me help." I offered, walking towards her picking up the stray items which had fallen out of the box, following her down the stairs slightly confused as to what she was doing with it.

"What exactly are we doing with all this crap?" I asked, looking at her as we walked outside into the garden.

"Well, he asked if he could pick it up, but I didn't want to see him again so I just told him that there were only little things left which he didn't need..." I raised an eyebrow at her as she placed the box on the floor, brushing her hair back over her shoulders while she rooted in the box picking up a rather important looking document which probably had something to do with Peter's work.

"That looks pretty important."

"If it meant that much to him he would have remembered to pack it, Karma's a bitch." She laughed lightly, her hands ripping the document completely in half causing me to gasp as I tried to stifle my laughter.

Serves him right.

"Could you get the metal incinerator out of the shed for me please." I quickly nodded, walking over to the shed where I eventually found the metallic cylinder shaped object, bringing it outside along with all the other necessary things, a box of matches and some lighting fluid.

Quickly I made my way over to her and without hesitation, we both started throwing all his crap into the incinerator whilst the both of us tried our best not to laugh as I got the lighting fluid, drenching the items in it before Christina lit a match holding it above it momentarily.

"Fuck you, Peter." She simply said, throwing the match in as we watched the orange flames gradually grow, Christina, coming over to me, placing an arm on my shoulder as she gently kissed the top of my head.

"How about a hot chocolate?" She asked, rubbing my arm as I nodded enthusiastically, the both of us walking back inside the cottage as the sun began to set across the fields sending golden rays of light through the kitchen window while I stay here spinning on one of the island chairs.

"Whipped cream and marshmallows?"

"Chocolate sprinkles too?"

"Of course." Christina giggled, before turning around and rooting around in the cupboards as my phone buzzed in my pocket.

Quickly, I pulled it out, a massive smile spread across my face whilst Christina placed a large mug down in front of me, a smirk on her face as I replied rapidly.