CHAPTER 7

Deeper - Tayá

As soon as I walked in through the door, I ran up to Danielle's room, my fist banging on her bedroom door frustratedly. Timidly she poked her head around, opening the door slightly as she tried to close it again once she saw the angry look on my face.

"Danielle, let me fucking in!" I shouted, pushing the door open before stumbling into the room making Tate jump slightly as he lied on her bed with a shocked expression on his face as he quickly stood up.

"Well, I'm going to leave you guys to it. Let me know when it's safe to come back in." He said slipping through the door, leaving me and Danielle alone. I stood there with my hands on my hips while I furrowed my brows at her. Frustration filling my body.

"Why the fuck would you do that Danielle?" I yelled at her as she tried not to laugh.

"It's not funny, Mr Hiddleston had my thong dangling off his finger and saw me in just a bloody towel because of you."

"I didn't see Mr Hiddleston complaining. In all honesty, I think he liked what he saw, how are you so oblivious, the man's obviously keeping a very close eye on you!" She spoke, raising her eyebrows at me as I sighed angrily, walking over to her bed and flopping on it.

"He likes me, but not like that. He's my lecturer Danielle and I'm his student nothing more."

"Are you bloody blind Amber, the man basically needs a drip tray because he's permanently drooling when you're near him. Anyway, it's not like it's illegal you turn twenty soon. Please tell me you can sense the sexual tension?" She persisted as I looked at her blankly, propping myself up on my elbow turning to face her while she lied down next to me.

"God, have you got no experience with guys whatsoever?" Danielle questioned me causing me to look away embarrassed.

"Oh please tell me you've at least had a boyfriend?"

"I've just never really had time for a boyfriend or to get to know someone like that, I just... Ugh, I don't know."

"All I'm going to say is how the hell did you not have all the lads trailing after you when you were at school? You're gorgeous, kind, caring everything someone would want. Something Mr Hiddleston obviously wants. You're basically his forbidden fruit." She joked, tugging on my arm as I tried to roll away from her. One thing I had quickly learned about Danielle was that she was persistent and stubborn as I desperately tried to avoid answering her questions.

"I just don't like getting close to people, I'm scared of losing people I care about..." I trailed off looking at the photos of Danielle with her parents which were stuck to the wall with fairy lights weaving their way between them.

"I'm missing something aren't I?" She asked, knowing that there was a reason behind why I isolated myself from people and that she didn't know the full truth.

"I was in a car accident a few years back, my parents didn't make it and just like that everything changed, I had no control. So I guess-"

"You don't want to feel that kind of loss again." She finished my sentence as I nodded at her trying to hide the small tears which were forming in my eyes.

"I understand Amber, you see that picture over there? That was my mum, she died last year from cancer after fighting it for about a year or so, I isolated myself too but I found that it was the worst thing to possibly do, so I started to put myself out there, meet new people and opened up to my dad. I and my dad didn't use to be that close but after she died I felt like he was my best friend and he gave me advice and helped me come out of my shell again. It's funny you know, me and Tate only ever used to be just friends, but over the summer I realised that he was the only person I could talk to, the only person other than my dad who I knew wouldn't judge me, even though Tate can be a dick. Stuff happened as you can probably tell and now I just feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I guess what I'm trying to say is, that even though letting people in may seem scary at first, it may turn into something more, something you never expected... And it might change your life forever." She finished, grinning to herself as she looked over at the Polaroid of her and Tate hugging on her nightstand. It made me smile, seeing how happy she was with him, now that she was finally admitting to them being a thing or at least not trying to hide it anymore.