CHAPTER 34

Sunset Lover - Petit Biscuit

I felt sad leaving New York, I hated the fact that I was only there for a small duration of time but I was glad that I had spent that time with the people closest to me and had the chance to experience something which so many people could only dream of. A part of me felt disheartened that Christina wasn't here with us, she would have loved to go on a trip like this but I could almost guarantee that her work wouldn't let her have the time off to go. Anyway I couldn't imagine making Danielle pay for an extra space, she had already treated all five us to go on this trip and to ask for anything more would make me feel like I was taking advantage of her. If Danielle thought she was going to get away with this and not receive any kind of payment from me she was wrong. I had already treated the whole group to dinner whilst we were in New York, mainly to bribe Danielle into staying silent about what had happened with me and Tom in the toilets but I wanted to give her something more to show her just how much I appreciated her and this trip we were on together.

We were now on the final leg of our journey, sat on one of the tiniest planes ever as we flew above the sea which swirled in three different shades of blue, the water was so vibrant it almost matched the sky which was completely clear, not a single cloud in sight. I was glad for the view, it took my mind off the fact that this plane felt as though it was about to crash to the ground at any moment, I shook my mind of the thought trying to focus on the speakers that started to crackle as the pilots distorted voice sounded.

"We shall be arriving shortly, please ensure you are wearing your seatbelts for the landing." The radio turned off and my hand immediately grasped for the belt to clasp it around my waist as the plane started its slow descend towards the ground. I could hear Tom chuckling as I looked over to the aisle opposite mine, his perfect smile calmed me slightly even though he was laughing at my franticness.

"Don't worry, I'm sure we'll make it in one piece, Amber." He joked, sending me a wink as I rolled my eyes unable to hide the smile forming on my face from his lightheartedness and ability to make uncomfortable situations more bearable.

"I'll hold you to that," I replied, laughing slightly as he gave me a warm smile before we both returned our attention to the view out of the window and my mouth hung open as I looked at Bora Bora, the island growing bigger and bigger on the horizon. I let out a content sigh, my stomach swarming with butterflies from the excitement. We were finally here.

"Thank you, one second," I spoke kindly to the man who placed my last bag on the floor of the villa as I quickly rooted through my hand luggage, finding my purse as I handed him the ten dollars I had. He smiled at me kindly, thanking me before he left leaving to take in the magnificent villa which me and Tom were staying in. I turned around, my eyes scanning over the beech wooden interior which gave the villa a warm, homely feel. Seashells decorated walls and coffee table tops, the villas open plan interior making it seem massive and never-ending as I looked over the prestige kitchen and glass dining table. The lounge being filled with beanbags and a massive sofa that looked out the large windows to the ocean which glistened under the morning light, making the water seem almost fluorescent. A spiral, wooden staircase decorated with seashells was tucked away in the corner, leading up to the massive kingsized bedroom and en-suite bathroom which led out onto a balcony which legs the eyes roam the horizon for as far as the eye can see.

Water lapped quietly under the villa which stood on stilts in the middle of the ocean, the water being crystal clear revealing the hidden world beneath us which was filled with many different types of colourful and tropical fish and creatures. The wooden decking outside being accompanied by a jacuzzi which looked out over the mountains covered in green wild trees, the distant sound of music from the restaurants being carried on the gentle, warm breeze. The view was phenomenal. I sat down, my legs hanging off the edge gently swirling my feet in the warm water as the breeze flowed through my hair, cooling the warmth from the sun on my body. I closed my eyes, letting everything sink in as I listened to the water and birds which tweeted carelessly above. It was pure bliss.