CHAPTER 33

Champagne & Sunshine - PLVTINUM & Tarro

"Darling?" Slowly I open my eyes, blinking away the sleep that was clouding my vision as I try to focus on the muffled voice calling to me. Gradually I turn my head, breathing in deeply as Tom's comforting scent engulfs me causing me to snuggle deeper into the crook of his neck whilst his deep chuckle fills my ears. Reluctantly I sat up properly, adjusting myself in my chair as I smile at Tom, his sandy hair slightly messy, falling in lose curls due to sleeping for the majority of the long, twelve-hour flight. I stared at him momentarily, completely amazed at the fact that he still managed to look effortlessly handsome, his beautiful chiselled jawline and cheeks covered by slight stubble.

How can someone be this good looking?

Meanwhile, I probably looked like living death. I hadn't made much effort with my appearance today knowing that I'd be travelling for hours, I had simply put on some leggings and a jumper I had stolen from Tom, finishing off my dishevelled look with a messy bun that perched loosely on the top of my head. I always tended to choose comfort over glamour, and after all who could blame me on a twelve-hour flight. Quickly I took my hair out of my messy bun, instantly regret my hairstyle as my hair fell in a mess of curls down the sides of my face due to the rain back in England, I groaned quietly.

Great. Just great.

"You look beautiful," Tom spoke gently as I turned to him, unable to hide the smile and redness covering my face from his words while he moved his hand, placing it on my thigh as his thumb gently rubbed circles soothingly through my jeans.

"Look." He pointed to the window as I turned to where he'd instructed, my eyes widening at the magnificent view that filled the small plane window. My breath was taken away from me as my eyes scanned over the skyline of New York, the seemingly never-ending skyscrapers piercing through the low clouds whilst a million pains of glass glistened in the early sunlight of the morning. The hundreds of cars and yellow taxis looking like little specs of colour as we looked down on them.

Anticipation filled my body as I continued to gaze out of the window, a massive smile forming on my lips. I'd never been to New York before, only ever going on short family holidays to Spain and France as a child. New York looked purely breathtaking and the sheer scale of it blew my mind, it's endless towers and buildings spreading for as far as the eye could see, the Statue of Liberty slowly coming into view as the plane turned, getting ready to land. The fact that this wasn't even our final destination was incredible, just the thought of being able to travel to two very different places in the course of a fortnight made me feel incredibly grateful and blessed; it's not every day you get an opportunity like this or have a best friend who is willing to spontaneously book exotic trips. I let out a content sigh, continuing to marvel out of the window as the pilot's voice sounded on the intercom.

"We will be arriving JFK shortly. Welcome to New York." The speaker cut off, the sound of people chatting in hushed tones now filling the quiet plane as I dragged my attention away from the magnificent view out of the window to look at Tom who sat there, already staring at me, a small smile pulling at the corners of his lips as he watched me. I raised an eyebrow at him closing the distance between us while I stared up into his eyes.

"What are you staring at?" I asked playfully, pecking his lips as he took my hand in his, intertwining our fingers before bringing it up to his lips and kissing my hand before his infamous smirk covered his face. No matter how many times he had looked at me like that, it never failed to fill my stomach with butterflies and make my knees weak. It was mad how much power he had over me. Sometimes I worried if I would turn into a gooey, puddle in front of him. He was my biggest weakness.