CHAPTER 50 : EPILOGUE

Beige - Yoke Lore

FIVE YEARS LATER

I sat there with the wind blowing wildly through my hair as I smiled, watching Tom pick up Lucy, who erupted into giggles as he tickled her mercilessly, her legs and arms flailing around whilst a cheeky grin covered her small face as the two of them played on the beach. It still amazed me how we had managed to create such a beautiful and angelic thing. Her hair a light, golden blonde which had a slight curl to it similar to her father's. Lucy reminded me so much of myself when I was her age and it blew my mind to think today was her fifth birthday. In my eyes she was still my little baby, but she couldn't be any further from that now, her witty sense of humour coming through whilst she grew more and more each day. It was safe to say that she no doubt had inherited Tom's tall genes, she towered above every child at school and excelled in every subject she learnt.

She had so much of her father in her and it warmed my heart.

"Mummy! Mummy!" She squealed running over to me with her father close on her heals.

"What, darling?" I quickly got off the bench, bending down to her height as she flung her arms around my neck, allowing me to pick her up as I hitched her up on my hip comfortably.

"I can hear the ice cream van! Can I have one? Pretty please?" She begged, her bright blue eyes pleading with mine as I smiled at her widely.

"Of course, lets just go inside and get some money then I'm sure Nanny will go with you!" She eagerly nodded her head making me laugh lightly as Tom's hand weaved around my waist as we began to walk back up the path to the house.

Soon enough we were greeted by the warmth of our sizeable five bedroom home as I placed Lucy back on the floor allowing her to run excitedly towards Christina, who sat on the sofa watching an episode of The Great British Bake Off intently.

"Nanny, mummy said we can go to the ice cream van to get ice cream!" Lucy was practically jumping up and down as Christina quickly switched off the TV and stood from the sofa, grabbing her purse and giving her little granddaughter her full attention.

"We better hurry then, darling! How does a Mr Whippy and a flake sound, poppet?" Christina replied with the same amount of enthusiasm as she took Lucy's hand and gave us a small wave before disappearing into the foyer to get her shoes and coat.

The front door clicked shut softly behind them as I went about tidying the toys which littered the floor from Lucy's early morning birthday antics. Pieces of wrapping paper were strewn across the floor which Bobby mercilessly kept trying to eat as I lightly judged him away with my foot causing him to jump up my legs for attention to which I gladly gave him.

Once the house was finally spic and span again I stood up triumphantly, placing my hands on my hips as I gazed at the beautiful home we had created over the years. The restoration work had been more than stressful but the see the final result and to now have it filled with a little family warmed my heart. Slowly Tom's arms snaked through mine, his arms wrapping around my waist pulling me closer to him as he rested his head on top of mine and planted a gentle kiss on top.

"It's amazing to think how far we've come. To think that what we thought was impossible is now our reality." He spoke gently, one of his hands gesturing to one of the framed photos on the wall.

"That was the happiest day of my life." His tone was sweet and warm as my eyes followed which photo he had gestured to and a warm fuzzy feeling erupted throughout my body as my eyes fell on the photo of us on our wedding day. I slowly turned around in his arms so I could face him, tilting my head up so I could meet his enchanting eyes as a smile that spread from ear to ear covered my face.

"And mine." I whispered staring up at him starry eyed as I thought about how much we'd managed to overcome. Winning the court case against Peter who now was out of our lives for good with a restraining order, Lucy coming into our lives and then our beautiful wedding day. It had been perfect. So perfect. And I could only anticipate with glee what was to come.

"Mummy! I got one!" The sound of Lucy squealing as she took off her shoes in the porch made me chuckle as I looked back at Tom, my eyes connecting with his magically.

"There will be many more to come." He spoke bringing his lips to mine as he kissed me gently, his lips moving effortlessly against my own and they still never failed to fill me with electricity that seeped through every inch of my body.

"Indeed." I replied, smirking cheekily at him as Lucy and Christina walked in, Lucy nearly stumbling over her own legs as she wiped the evidence of ice cream from her lips on the back of her hand before wrapping her tiny arms around both me and Tom. We stood like that for a few minutes, the two of us relishing what we had been given. And for the first time in my life everything was as it should be. I was surrounded by family and in the arms of the man I loved. My heart feeling whole and filled to the brim with love.

1/09/2019

A/N- Here's the epilogue for this story and I hope you guys enjoyed every minute you spent reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it! It has been such a journey and I'm filled with a mixture of happiness and sadness finishing it. I hope you enjoyed it and if you did please vote and comment :) If you want to read anymore of my work I'll be focusing on my story Guilty Pleasures now, so if you would please give it a read. Anyway that's enough. Goodbye and thank you guys so much, I love you!!! <3 -Chloe x